2007 NFN Pike Off

Pope29

Hey Rockfish........My cuz. Dr.Bob printed out a few copies for us . I'll pick them up this week & wrap them in plastic . The ink for my printer costs as much as the printer.......another one for the garbage....... B)

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

dumb question, but can we just write 2007 on the old one?, my printer ran out of black, and prints mostly red..it's an all in one cartridge so ya can't just go out and buy a black, and the black seems to get used up the most.

only asking cuz I plan on having an entry in the next couple days :P maybe even the first one :PB)

Guest canadadude

Hey Rockfish........My cuz. Dr.Bob printed out a few copies for us . I'll pick them up this week & wrap them in plastic . The ink for my printer costs as much as the printer.......another one for the garbage....... B)

check out wallmart some dude fills the cartridges cheap!!!

Seeing as this thread is so full of talk and no walk :unsure:

I pinned a post for official photo entries only. Come to this thread when you want to talk ........ :blahblah1:

go to the pinned post when it's time to walk :D

I've probably just entered my only post on the photo only thread :(

now go :Gonefishing:

my ink on my printer is goofed, I tried to print out the logo from Chilli's link, and it came out red, and it's printed on yellow paper cuz my damn kids used all the white ;) , anyone have any beefs with that if I have an entry over the next few days? I am sure you guys should know I am not out to scam the Pike Off, and if I had a pic under my hat from last year, I would have won the thing, think about it B)

On another note, if there is gonna be any sort of prizes involved for the end of the Pike Off , we should start thinking about where they are coming from, or see who wants to chip in a couple bucks for whatever, as I recall, last year it was Boston's idea to start up the Pike Off, and he is the one who forked out for the hats as prizes, some guys may not know that, just something to toss around is all :D:P

there's bigger pike around for sure..years ago Gibson gave one up to me that was about a 4 footer probably 25lbs, also caught my share of 3 footers in the 10lber range at a few spots over the years in Niagara. If those aren't big :D;) .

While out on a quest for chubs last April, I saw one that had to be pushing 40lbs sunning itself on a creek a few minutes away from my house, biggest pike I ever saw.

my ink on my printer is goofed, I tried to print out the logo from Chilli's link, and it came out red, and it's printed on yellow paper cuz my damn kids used all the white :D , anyone have any beefs with that if I have an entry over the next few days?

Don't worry about the colors, not a problem.

On another note, if there is gonna be any sort of prizes involved for the end of the Pike Off , we should start thinking about where they are coming from

Don't worry about this as well. The prizes were all donated which included hats courtesy of Boston and stuff from tackle shops and NFN. Just ask Richard or Scottydog about the prize packs.

yep I got it Rockfish :P;) , man I had a tough time trying to break the 30"er mark last year, couldn't do it with about 50 fish, some where even like 6-7lbers (those are the ones that wheren't the snot rockets) B) . Biggest Niagara region pike I caught last year was around a 3 footer, got it in April, before I even knew there was a Pike Off, then couldn't beat it all year. :D That's gonna change this year :P , maybe even this afternoon if the rain stops. :P

Guest Rockfish

Sounds pretty fishy Jack, ;) I remember when u first joined last year u mentioned about 6 times that the biggest one that u had caught was a 30" er. It's funny how that Pike just kept growing, think that's called the binocular effect. :P

There's lots of time for the Pike Off, I predict that May will be a good month when the water warms ups a bit. :PB)

Here ya go Jack, just found this thread from last year. :P:P

http://www.niagarafishing.net/forums/index...?showtopic=6137

:D

don't worry man, all the ones I get this year are gonna have a tape measure in the pic, and I am already at it, so let the pikin begin :Gonefishing::blink:

Yes, there was some great prizes last year, including a new fishing rod that I won for biggest pike from a boat.

I'm all set up with the new rod to go piking this weekend (From shore). My goal is to beat last years 32" pike from Scottydog.

Hey Jack and Pope, nice start on the pikes, now we have something to try and beat.

Sounds pretty fishy Jack, :Gonefishing: I remember when u first joined last year u mentioned about 6 times that the biggest one that u had caught was a 30" er. It's funny how that Pike just kept growing, think that's called the binocular effect. :D

Here ya go Jack, just found this thread from last year. ;):P

http://www.niagarafishing.net/forums/index...?showtopic=6137

:blink:

Hmmm...in that thread he was clearly suggesting the biggest one he had caught over a weeks period was 30" inches.

"I have gotten a couple over the last week or so but in shallow warmer inland water, biggest one so far is just over 30" got that one fishing really slow with a spinner bait fishing just fast enough for the blades to be spinning" is what he said.

I think it is bad etiquette to call into question someones fish stories like that...especially in public. If we can' embellish without being called on it then "fish stories" will go the way of the Dodo.

Guest canadadude

Hmmm...in that thread he was clearly suggesting the biggest one he had caught over a weeks period was 30" inches.

"I have gotten a couple over the last week or so but in shallow warmer inland water, biggest one so far is just over 30" got that one fishing really slow with a spinner bait fishing just fast enough for the blades to be spinning" is what he said.

I think it is bad etiquette to call into question someones fish stories like that...especially in public. If we can' embellish without being called on it then "fish stories" will go the way of the Dodo.

I agree totaly with you pope I hope some posts I've made don't get brought back up :blink::Gonefishing: and really who cares dudes this is all fun lets not forget that!! Hey JWL I hope you smoke the biggun this year dude that will shut up the nonbelievers ;)

Guest Rockfish

It was just a joke and u had to have followed the whole Pike Off story last year, :Gonefishing: the story was that the biggest was a 30" last year and this year it suddenly grew to 36". ;) This was meant to be a fun contest. :D

:blink:

hey good point, that thread does state something about the "biggest fish that week", the biggest one I got was before I even joined this board last year, I got the fish in April, and didn't even join till May B) and it wasn't on the spinner bait mentioned in the other thread, it was on a chub/float set up in a little pond...but regardless,no big deal man, and yep the whole idea of the Pike Off is to get out there have a fun challenge, and yep, some old fashioned ribbin' is all in the fun too. And besides I don't post about all the fishin I do, or all the fish I catch anyways, I got a way bigger one the other day, and didn't even get a pic of it, would have been a good leader to start off with for sure. Anyways I think the Pike Off is gonna be pretty fun, curious to see some of the fish over the next couple months, or even weeks, better chance of catching a big one around now, than in the summer, then we will have to wait till fall ;)

I think I need to catch a new leader tommorrow morning B);)

Actually I hope it's not too nice out, the fishin is a little better when it's crappy out, just hope it's not as crappy as today :D

Still gotta love it,not to be that much of a wise guy, but I did say that I was gonna go out and get an entry over the next couple days ;) , and that was like yesterdayish, and the first official go at the Pike Off, and low and behold,the 2 of us got one :P

well you guys are safe for today :D , only had a little while to go out, wife hasta work, got the big skunkola, but on a side note, I heard someone I know who's not in on the action, got a 29 1/2 incher at a spot yesterday evening :Gonefishing: , :D doesn't matter I am winning this year anyways :P

Well, on my post from Thursday that said I was gonna go out the next day and catch a new leader....I did actually do that :P;)

I went out with Dr.Bob today .....wet & sloppy ....met Bowen at Port . He looked like a walking wet rag :lol: ....pouring rain and easterly winds ....blah ! :( But we fished with large minnows & floats and had our floatsuits on to repel the rain from soaking through . Bowen got a couple of handles and I hooked another one but not worth putting a tape on it . The water vis . is only a foot or so , but still has that green tinge to it ...Maybe it will clear a little more tomorrow . Here's a pic of the biggest one we got today .....as you can see the sun came out as well as the moon ! :D

Pike-Bowen.jpg

All right, some challengers :lol::lol: , nice going on the fish guys, we gotta get this freindly competition well on the go, nice to see some more pike caught, specailly so early in the game. Way to go Bowen, you toughed it out, the crappy weather days have seemed to be the better fishin days for sure lately, that's why I got out for a bit today...kinda funny if you think about it, I got up this morning, saw that it was crappy out...and said to myself...hey right on! :lol: , then gave er a go for a bit till had to be home for the wife to go to work.

You guys should have put a tape to that fish, top 2 fish are only 25 and 26 ish right now ;) . Nice pic Bowen, I feel for ya buddy, good on ya for being a fellow nut job and gettin the fish :D . I think my coat is still damp from a couple days ago..I did it twice in the same day. Thanks for the incentive guys...good to see another spot giving up the pike, be pretty fun once more people get into the pike action, I know some of you guys will be good contenders too, been pikin with a few of ya before..just remeber guys...I did pretty good numbers wize :P:(

Archived