2007 NFN Pike Off

Pope29

:rolleyes: all set to go again

Get a chub on, and don't forget the raincoat :Gonefishing:

Just checked my inventory jwl.......got the rain gear ,boots .....think I'll toss a few of these lures I have hanging in the garage....... :)

fishing-tackle-large.jpg

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow...see how that happened!!! First someone mentions Woodstock, then London and then Lake freakin Huron!!!! We really should real this back in quickly. If I'm competing against Huron fish I think I'll find another contest. See what I mean about the exception becoming the rule???

Guest Rockfish

Not bad Jack, the biggest I could come up with yesterday was a 25.5", creeping up close to yours, LOL. :)

Still lots of time and will have a pic later when BigU sends me the pic or when he figures out how to post it with the ones he got. BigU also caught a huge Carp yesterday that bit a white twister. :D

With the talk about the boundaries maybe the Pike Off should be divided into different areas, one strickly for the Niagara area and the other one outside of the Niagara region. Have a winner of each area, just a suggestion, I just fish for fun anyway, oh and if there's a 2007 winner hat it will just have to be shared. :rolleyes::D

:Gonefishing:

With the talk about the boundaries maybe the Pike Off should be divided into different areas, one strickly for the Niagara area and the other one outside of the Niagara region. Have a winner of each area, just a suggestion, I just fish for fun anyway.

Now that would probably get complicated and again I can't compete with say T.O islands pike or northern ontario pike....

To save a lot of hassle I will officially bow out of the competition with any pike caught outside of the Niagara region. I hope, however that if I do happen to catch one in the region I would still be able to enter. Keep the rules and regulations simple guys. I'd hate to be the cause of a big uproar on a fun event. I will still post my pike from around here just to brag! :rolleyes:

No hard feelings on my part. I'm relatively new here and with keeping it to the niagara region it will give me an excuse to come down that way and meet up with some fellow fishermen! :D:D

PB

ps JWL I love that line you posted earlier. Laughed me arse off at that one :)

I agree, we should keep the pike-off limited to the Niagara Region, there are way to many places with big pikes out of the region to make it fair for Niagara fisherman.

People who catch pikes out of the region should still be aloud to post there catch.

Crappy way to be in the lead again if that's the case, now I will definately have to go out and get a bigger one, I feel a big one coming on soon :Gonefishing: Nothing saying that any members from outside the"Niagara" boundries can't come this way and get in on some of the action. :)

Guest Rockfish

hey rockfish what about my bigger crap and pike then my old mans my carp was a good 5 lbs more then his was

Ok Rob, I think your Pike was an inch longer than your Dad's but I thought your Carp was a "fin grab". :)

Where are those pics anyway ? :P

there's gonna be lots of spots to get em in the next couple weeks for sure, I might know of a few :P:P:Gonefishing:

I hope that tracking device I put into your tackle box works :)

Ok Rob, I think your Pike was an inch longer than your Dad's but I thought your Carp was a "fin grab". :)

Where are those pics anyway ? :P

I hope this isn't true about the snagged fish thing. I know that marina is full of a million carp right now and to use the word caught in place of snagged is just dead wrong. :P

someone need a clincher soon...aka ME! :lol::dunno: shouldn't be long..pretty close between myself and Rockfish, now I haven't been able to catch one bigger than 24"..and I had a skunk day too :lol:

nice pike and carp you have there...in the summer ive hooked into a couple carps using the white twister tails..never actually landed one because i was fishing for bass and they would just spool me but its a nice suprise sometimes!

Guest Rockfish

I heard a rotten story today about guys taking home a limit of fish then going back the next day and taking another limit, remember the limit counts of what is home in the freezer. A CO visited in a popular place on the weekend and checked for licences and hung around to chat, he may get wind of what's been going on there. :D

:lol:

Guest Rockfish

Caught another toothy critter 25" right on the nose, nice and clean and just got a pic on the 35 mm camera and just started the roll. :D Missed one that came right up to shore after a Husky Jerk and took a snap at it, then got the one on the super secret lure a 3/4 oz green hammered Cleo. :rolleyes: Missed another close to dark on the Husky, I could feel a nip at it, then I stopped the Husky gave it a couple twitches and hooked the critter for a sec and broke the surface but he got off.

I found it strange to have Pike just nip at a lure, usually find that they either follow it to shore and sometimes just stare at it or just smash it out deeper. The ice has only been out for a few days so they are probably still kind of sluggish, oh well that's fishing.

B)

Those handles are prob . still a little hammered B) from the cold water temps. Rockfish........ Try a straight cleo (not hammered) :rolleyes: and you should hammer them !

Archived