'da 'pool

Guest LloydChristmas

Guest LloydChristmas

went to the 'pool for the opener - the action is slow. there's still too much ice drifting down from lake Erie.

There was a Polish fishing tournament there and of the 30 or so fishermen I think they only had a few fish. My buddies and I did OK - I lost 3 due to the ice.

They're still taking roe. Tried different combinations of minnows and had no takers.

thanks for the report from the banks, hopefully lots of that ice stay put or disipates a little bit for the mission I am planning in the boat on Thursday :Gonefishing:

thanks for the report from the banks, hopefully lots of that ice stay put or disipates a little bit for the mission I am planning in the boat on Thursday :Gonefishing:

I agree although dodging iceburgs does sound like fun :dunno: Cant wait to get into decent fish.

Guest new perch man

Hellfish

Eric ,Deric and I are all going to the pool on saturday if you want to go

let me know.

We will be leaving welland at 5:00 am

Jeff

went for a run down there last night and there was no ice at all! only 2 guys fishing and 3 guys leaving so action must have been slow...river is still cold.....a good run will come up once it warms abit!

Guest cplummer

they are laying back in the river still ..i will be in the boat thurs .. the ice is gone now so give it 3-4 days and hold on to that rod!!!!!

cliff..

Guest LloydChristmas

yepp, ice must be gone - I heard they're launching Maid of the Mist.

It looks like this season there'll be steelies around well into June.

How are the Lakers down river?

So its just beginning there? I've been fishing there the past month, first time fishing this zone and the action has been spotty, hooked and landed fish but nothing great tospeak of. I'll be flyfishing in NY this weekend but will bring roe with me to battle some steel in the Niagara if I'm lucky.

Was there this past monday and no ice! Managed one and she was lively, giving me some great acrobatics. :dunno: The chromer weighed only six pounds and took a bait immitation. I did notice a lot of fish surfacing, water is still cold and no luck on bags and glo bugs! :Gonefishing:

Roebaggin

Archived