Fishing in Bracebridge

peddletothemeddle

Hi Everyone, I will be heading up to Bracebridge in a couple of weeks. I was wondering if anyone knows of some decent shore fishing spots. I am not looking for top secret locations, just some general information, on some spots where I can go to catch some fish. I am willing to drive about 1/2 hour to get to some fishing spots. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

I camped at Santa's village one year. The Muskoka river runs right next to the Santas Village road. I fished a couple spots and caught some little bass along the road(used a couple private docks, mid week, no one was home....).

There is a public ramp right where the mukoka river nears the lake. On the left of the map you can see where you can go right or left to the lake just off the Frank Miller Mem. Route. I saw some people fishing there at the launch. I'm sure there must be some shore spots right in Bracebridge as well. Usually around bridge areas.

http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=q&hl=en&a...p;z=13&om=1

In Bracebridge below the falls, east side there is a shore park. Deep and rocky with a good current.

Go into Pt Sydney, there is a beach and small pier. Go past the town to the left and the dam where Mary L. empties into the river. Fish above the dam or fish the current below for smallies. It is a public area with swimmers as well. There are dozens of spots along Hwy 11 where water intersects. At least one is a hwy rest area.

Archived