Grimsby Public Meeting - Firearms/Hunting

ninepointer

Following this link to the Town of Grimsby website:

http://www.town.grimsby.on.ca/

The OFAH will be there to make a presentation in support of firearms discharge in rural Grimsby. Please attend if you can, even if you're not from Grimsby. Wear your Sunday pants rather than your camo :rolleyes:

Ninepointer

• 3 weeks later...

Just a reminder about Monday night's public meeting in Grimsby. The Town is considering prohibiting archery as well as firearms.

Monday, Sept. 15, 2008

7:00 PM

Town of Grimsby Council Chambers

160 Livingston Ave., Grimsby

http://www.town.grimsby.on.ca/

The OFAH will be there to make a presentation. Please attend if you can, even if you're not from Grimsby. This affects all hunters and shooters!

Ninepointer

So?

At first I feared that the meeting started off on the wrong foot when the Mayor had to ask all of the Elmer Fudds in the audience to remove their camo caps. (At least nobody showed up dressed like Rambo!)

The room was full with hunters, farmers & firearms owners, most of whom were well-spoken and who were well supported by the speakers from the OFAH head office, OFAH Zone J and by an MNR Conservation Officer who showed up and spoke. The information appeared to be well received by Grimsby Council and I'm of the impression that it got the wheels in their heads turning in the right direction.

There was a trio who'd like us all to go out and hug our nearest coyote, but they left the meeting frustrated. I doubt we've heard the last from them.

The matter now goes back to Town Staff who will prepare a recommendation report to the Town's Planning Committee and to Council. So, its not too late to submit additional comments to the Town.

At first I feared that the meeting started off on the wrong foot when the Mayor had to ask all of the Elmer Fudds in the audience to remove their camo caps. (At least nobody showed up dressed like Rambo!)

The room was full with hunters, farmers & firearms owners, most of whom were well-spoken and who were well supported by the speakers from the OFAH head office, OFAH Zone J and by an MNR Conservation Officer who showed up and spoke. The information appeared to be well received by Grimsby Council and I'm of the impression that it got the wheels in their heads turning in the right direction.

There was a trio who'd like us all to go out and hug our nearest coyote, but they left the meeting frustrated. I doubt we've heard the last from them.

The matter now goes back to Town Staff who will prepare a recommendation report to the Town's Planning Committee and to Council. So, its not too late to submit additional comments to the Town.

Glad to hear the public meeting went well. The meeting must have flown under Pammy's radar.

No she just changed her name to Lesley.

I see some ARA in the paper is accusing the MNR of lying about the actual numbers present. Said only a few hunters and OFAH members called in the same coyote being spotted several times. Hell I know of allot of people who filled out an MNR survey about coyote sightings and allot of them hate the OFAH and farmers.

If you read the presentations, one of them was published here before the meeting happened in another thread. I wonder if we're being engaged here in order to mine us for information. That's why it never pays to BS. Stick to the facts.

I see the Sporting Clubs of Niagara presented also. Had a pretty full card boys. Good job to all were involved. Lets hope they don't shock us by supporting the Bylaw as is.

Question?

Why is Lesley Sampson suggesting the firearms bylaw stay restrictive for all hunting just to save one overpopulated species? Does she not believe in biodiversity??? I don't mind her defending coyotes but to support an even more restrictive bylaw that stops struggling farmers at a disadvantage from getting free help from working relationships from hunters is just short cited!

I was late putting in for the controlled deer hunt so I now have 5 extra high velocity slugs. Guess where they're going. Time to go to the MNR office and get that free permit that allows you to obtain a pelt out of season so I can put some fur on the wall. I've never before felt the need to hunt coyotes because you can't eat them but I think that just changed.

Thank you Lesley for the inspiration. I would have gladly invited you as a guest speaker to the Conservation Club to educate the public about coyote misconceptions but seeing as you want to trample all of our rights for hunting and you supported the proposed restrictions in Tintown and Grimsby, I see you as a threat instead of someone to negotiate with.

Stick to coyote education and alternative measures of dealing with them and leave firearms bylaws alone. I'll have 5 pelts on my wall now because it is my right. If you didn't like it you could lobby for changes to the coyote regs. Instead you attacked hunters and animal management and tried to stop me from passing survival skills to my children and the children of Grimsby. Even coyotes teach the offspring how to kill to survive. Seems their smarter than the people trying to "watch" them ;) .

XXXXX

Question?

Time to go to the MNR office and get that free permit that allows you to obtain a pelt out of season so I can put some fur on the wall.

I looked into this last deer season when I had an unexpected meeting with a coyote and the coyote had an unexpected meeting with my crossbow arrow. There's no closed season for coyotes here in Niagara. That means that if you have a small game license at the time that you harvest your coyote, you can possess your pelt without a special license and sleep well at night at the same time. Good hunting!

IMG_0814.jpg

IMG_1044.jpg

Well according to Miss Sampson's website, coyote has no closed season in "Ontario"!

Seems shes tried to trample the firearms bylaw in NOTL this summer also. Are there any members here from NOTL? Would be nice if the NOTL members would give us a heads up on these issues and hopefully Council gave the OFAH an opportunity to comment before they took her comments into consideration.

Hey Derek nice pelt.

I looked into this last deer season when I had an unexpected meeting with a coyote and the coyote had an unexpected meeting with my crossbow arrow. There's no closed season for coyotes here in Niagara. That means that if you have a small game license at the time that you harvest your coyote, you can possess your pelt without a special license and sleep well at night at the same time. Good hunting!

IMG_0814.jpg

IMG_1044.jpg

Take the meat to the " Mandarin" it'll find a spot in the buffet ;):):) ........just kidding people don't start any racial crap over this :o:P:D

Archived