Clearance sale Gloomis Canada & Frontier rods

Paul Castellano

There are some crazy deals on rods and accessories!!!! This was just sent to me, thought some of you would want to get in on the deals. Check it out if you’ve been thinking of buying some new toys.

Once in a lifetime discounts!!!

G-Loomis Canada and Frontier rods are ceasing operations.

Clearance sale:

Bass, walleye, steelhead, pan fish, fly rods and accessories.

September 20 & 21 2008 9am to 3pm

8555 Airport Rd Mount Hope, ON , L0R1W0

Visa, MC or Cash

It's between Hamilton and Caldonia generally speaking. Don't know what Lorn has to sell but last time he had a sale there was lots of inventory to choose from. Loomis make good products it's just that, by todays standards, the product is too expensive. And since Gary Loomis left and shimano took over the product has become mainstream, Bass orientated and again too expensive. I think that's why Lorn started up the Frontier line, to compete against the cheaper Asian product flooding our shores/stores at prices and quality that Loomis Canada could not compete with.. Snidley

I thought Lorne Greene got out of the biz? I used to like Loomis stuff back when float fishing was just gaining steam and Lorne's shop was like an overstuffed Quonset hut candy store, but agree their stuff nowadays is way overpriced for what it is. Like German cars.

Heh somewhere in my pile of unused fishing junk I've got an original Streamside & a bunch of LG's porcupine quills.

You might be right about Lorn but if so why would loomis still be in Mount Hope? certainly not a hub of business that's for sure. Cliff should know. Snidley

Lorne is more or less the distributer of Loomis so location is not a big priority :) ........it truely is sad to see that line go down the tubes, American Loomis is not the same not even close ;):)B)

The new GLX float rod was the final straw!!! Just kidding but truely the new GLX, with recoil guides and only available as a factory rod really illustrated what had gone wrong, at least for Canadians. Loomis or should I say Shiloomis had become American mainstream "Bassin" orientated and the truth is the Bass fishing community if full of very gullible folks especially down south. The clown suited shills that pass as sportman down there have a deathgrip on what sells, fishing wise, and many times the stuff they tout is not what they actually use. It's really pathetic to see these guys bulls#%t the goofy public about this or that fishing product when you know there's not a chance in hell that they use the junk out on the water. Loomis got caught up in that approach to doing business instead of leading the fishing rod market with innovative, premiere quality products as they had done in their heyday. The good thing is there are still lots of quality rods to be had for a fraction of the cost of the G Loomis stuff some of it from their own parent company shimano. Snidley

Hey folks, here are some facts. Lorne has done an excellent job with his company here in Canada and has done so for around 30 years. That is close to a record considering how tough the Canadian tackle market is. He is retiring and Shimano Canada will look after G Loomis products out of the US. Shimano Canada is every bit as much a Canadian company as Lorne's and has been in Canada for 25years. Currently there are 20 people at SCL, all Canadians. We look after both Shimano's and now Loomis' sales, service and product development and we are looking forward to bringing new products in to our market to meet our regional needs. In the US Gary Loomis has moved on but virtually every key employee that he had is still there and they are one of a very small group of tackle companies that actually manufacture fishing equipment in North America. We don't import blanks and spin them, we make our Loomis goods from basic materials to very exact standards and if anything goes wrong the Canadian angler now has a warranty and service program that is quick and efficient. Lorne did a great job with what he had to work with but GL products will now have the resources of a Shimano Canada to bring the line and it's services to a new level. Finally, I can't comment on how US pros handle their business, but I can assure you Bob and Wayne Izumi, Dave Mercer, as well as all the others we all know, are loyal to their sponsors and would never consider "shilling" something they would never use. You can take that to the bank. We do!

the big question myself, and many others have is, will you now improve the warranty process?

will you give the gl3 and glx rods an overthecounter exchange like you do with the cheaper Shimano Compre rod and the comparible to the gl3, Shimano Crucial rod?

The "new" warranty system will have elements of G Loomis' US Expiditor policy (simplified pricing with no additonal service or handling charges) plus the Shimano Canada flexibilty for a consumer to work directly with his/her dealer. For a limited time we will also honour legitimate warranty issues for Frontier, although they are not Loomis rods. This should help Lorne transition out and not have the burden of covering warranties for product he has made in the past. This Frontier program is available only here in Canada.

sorry for being such a "pest" but will you be offering the "over the counter" exchange on the loomis gl3 (or above) line?

your response above sounds like a no, and the consumer will have to ship out the rod and wait for the return.

if that is the case, its going to be a tough sell, when a consumer can purchase the st croix avid and get the over the counter exchange, which cannot be beat.

its the sole reason i purchase so many of your compre and crucial rods. (not to mention the quality of the two rods are fantastic!)

I purchase my rods for the feel, performance and comfort the waranty is what it is but doesn't come into play much when I'm drifting a river or fighting a fish............unless ooopppps dam ;) then it goes to the wall of shame :lol:

Pretty tough to beat Loomis/frontier on the above mentioned points, I've tried all the st croix Steelhead rods and still havn't found one comparable to my Loomis........they are a pretty nice rod I just prefer the loomis :P

Canada, everyone has their own opinion.

if i'm spending $100+ on a rod, or in the case of my gl3's, over $200+ on a rod, i'd like to know if i break it, I can come into a store (preferably one i didn't even buy it at) and get an over the counter, no questions asked, exchange.

i fished for every species of fish, and have many, many, many rods.

for me, warranty is the single most important factor.

all brands make great rods, not all take care of their customers.

Shimano, i've found, are the best! :(

Guest niagarariverpro
Canada, everyone has their own opinion.

if i'm spending $100+ on a rod, or in the case of my gl3's, over $200+ on a rod, i'd like to know if i break it, I can come into a store (preferably one i didn't even buy it at) and get an over the counter, no questions asked, exchange.

i fished for every species of fish, and have many, many, many rods.

for me, warranty is the single most important factor.

all brands make great rods, not all take care of their customers.

Shimano, i've found, are the best! :(

being a custom rod builder in the business for over 28 years shimano(rods) in my opinion are not a quality product BUT they do have over the counter exchange which for the average fisherman is perfect.. For more serious anglers you'll be sending the rod back for exchange but you have a huge difference in quality.There are many rod companies out there to choose from and i have dealt with and built a large percentage of them ..Price.. you want cheap go to canadian tire..

As for G.loomis.. it's very tough to beat the product for the buck and rod builders and serious anglers alike will miss the loomis and frontier lines..

Cliff...

being a custom rod builder in the business for over 28 years shimano(rods) in my opinion are not a quality product BUT they do have over the counter exchange which for the average fisherman is perfect.. For more serious anglers you'll be sending the rod back for exchange but you have a huge difference in quality.There are many rod companies out there to choose from and i have dealt with and built a large percentage of them ..Price.. you want cheap go to canadian tire..

As for G.loomis.. it's very tough to beat the product for the buck and rod builders and serious anglers alike will miss the loomis and frontier lines..

Cliff...

I guess I wasn't clear. Although Frontier is definitely gone, Loomis is still around. And to answer Steve's question let me start by setting the terminology correctly. Warranty means manufacturer's defect. If you want a "no charge" replacement because you believe that the product was defective then it will have to come back. Unless your dealer agrees with you (your first trip out, cracked guide out of the box, what ever.) then he can replace it over the counter for you and settle with us after the fact. Most rods, however, don't qualify for this treatment and would fall under Loomis' Expeditor program. Depending on the dealer and his product availability, he can service you with this program on the spot and provide you with your replacement. What we are trying to do is allow the dealer to use his/her discretion on how to deal with consumers and their rod "issues". The Loomis Expeditor Program is $75.00 flat rate, no questions asked and we are encouraging our retailers to have sufficient inventory to allow for this program, over the counter. Hope that helps answer the questions...

Guest niagarariverpro

loomis canada is staying? Lorne retired no? who is now running loomis canada now then? too much gossip out there .. aka rumors..

and who may you be brooko

I guess I wasn't clear. Although Frontier is definitely gone, Loomis is still around. And to answer Steve's question let me start by setting the terminology correctly. Warranty means manufacturer's defect. If you want a "no charge" replacement because you believe that the product was defective then it will have to come back. Unless your dealer agrees with you (your first trip out, cracked guide out of the box, what ever.) then he can replace it over the counter for you and settle with us after the fact. Most rods, however, don't qualify for this treatment and would fall under Loomis' Expeditor program. Depending on the dealer and his product availability, he can service you with this program on the spot and provide you with your replacement. What we are trying to do is allow the dealer to use his/her discretion on how to deal with consumers and their rod "issues". The Loomis Expeditor Program is $75.00 flat rate, no questions asked and we are encouraging our retailers to have sufficient inventory to allow for this program, over the counter. Hope that helps answer the questions...

If I understand what you are saying is that if I snap my 10.5' loomis float series rod, I can get an over the counter replacement for $75.00 .............not bad :(:(

Guest niagarariverpro
If I understand what you are saying is that if I snap my 10.5' loomis float series rod, I can get an over the counter replacement for $75.00 .............not bad :(:(

PM me i'll shock you with the blank prices.. :o:P:D

batson and rainshadows.. that is..

Archived