2008 Niagara Region Record Book Harvest

This is a photo of the A-Typical tom i harvested last season (2008). The bird was officially scored by (FROW) Foundation for the Recognition of Ontario Wildlife (Ontario Record Book). Net score of 62 8/16 #3 All-Ontario All-Time A-Typical Eastern category . Evidence that the Niagara Region produces record book birds....

T>Scavo

2008TurkeyHuntingPhotos034.jpg

How did he taste? :worthy:

Chilli Dan my good man i knew you would be the first to comment on this post! :Gonefishing:

After injecting the bird with a flavorful marinade followed by a hot oil bath the bird was delicious, one of the best tasting turkeys that i have harvested.

T>Scavo

Congrats Tony .....what a beaut that bird is .......now you have me drooling too ! My bud who hunts turkey gave me a piece of breast meat & it has domestic turkey beat by a long way !! Did you pluck it by hand .....give it the hot water bath etc .? I have done grouse by skinning them , rubbing butter all over & cover with fine bread crumbs & spray with a little oil to keep from drying .....sort of like adding a new skin.....excellent eating !

Congrats Tony .....what a beaut that bird is .......now you have me drooling too ! My bud who hunts turkey gave me a piece of breast meat & it has domestic turkey beat by a long way !! Did you pluck it by hand .....give it the hot water bath etc .? I have done grouse by skinning them , rubbing butter all over & cover with fine bread crumbs & spray with a little oil to keep from drying .....sort of like adding a new skin.....excellent eating !

Thank you Smerchly,

I gave this jellyhead a hot water bath first........... This is what i prefer, it makes it so much easier to remove the feathers. You're right the breast meat is so good and you can't tell the difference from domestic & wild meat...

T>Scavo

Archived