Welland River Walleye

Jody

Wanting to try the Welland river for some walleye, I have never fished it before. and was hoping someone could give me a idea on were to try fishing for them and maybe some lure choices.

Thanks in advance

Jody

755[/snapback]

Hi Jody, Last year I caught a small one in the welland river down by forkes creek on a crappie rig but have had no luck since. I hear tell of them caught near the aquaducts but again not to often. The water is muddied most of the time but by the ducts its pretty clear and if you were to fish there then i suggest a jig and twister or grub tail or a spinner worm harness . If you could find a spot by shore then a jerk bait might do the trick. The P.C fish and game has been stocking Walleye in the river for a few years now in hope of a comeback and sporadic catches might suggest some success. You might also try the dam in Dunnville , good catches have been reported all summer.hope this helps.

Guest Perch man

I live in welland and have been getting eyes at the aquaduct for 5 years and have pulled up every fish up with out a dip net every time. The bast thing to use is

these things from crappy tire thay are called (Best) thay come in a yellow pack of three The tinney gold with red beads work the best.tiped with a worm and 2 sptit shots. We got 7 last nightat the aquaduct.

Bad news the bridge over the aquaduct is getting replaced. so you must worke there to fish there . I DO :worthy:

Tight lines jeff

Guest muskiehntr
I live in welland and have been getting eyes at the aquaduct for 5 years and have pulled up every fish up with out a dip net every time. The bast thing to use is

these things from crappy tire thay are called (Best) thay come in a yellow pack of three The tinney gold with red beads work the best.tiped with a worm and 2 sptit shots. We got 7 last nightat the aquaduct.

Bad news the bridge over the aquaduct is getting replaced. so you must worke there to fish there . I DO :worthy:

Tight lines  jeff

765[/snapback]

Nice try perch man, why don't you try telling that one to someone else, i fish there every night, and no one has ever caught seven walleye in one night. the best i saw was this long haired guy back in the spring catch five, and not anything close to that since! and you say that you work there and live in welland! i don't think so all the guys that work on the bridge are from newfoundland. so you must know the gaurd there at night? my buddy!!! how lets me fish there every night, and would let anybody else fish there. i'll see what he has to say about your big catch!!

sorry to all on this board for jumping all over someone on my first post, but i just can't watch someone flame my spot, and flame this nice board hope you understand.

Guest muskiehntr

well i just got back from a hour of fishing at the bridge and i caught nothing, there is nothing there yet, the fish will be back and on the feed when the minnows, and shad come back in the river, give it another month then the fishing will be hot again, though i will be still going every night in hopes of catching a couple nice walleyes.

and to add to perch man you only spent 20 minutes down there last night? wow that was pretty good to get 7 walleyes (laier) maybe will have you not allowed to fish there anymore, and fire you! ha ha! please don't BS all these nice people here on this board, it would be a waste of time for somone to try your false leads, than you would look full it ha ha!

Hey Muskiehntr..........I grew up in the apartment building on River Rd fished the aquaduct as a child............I had no clue they stock walleye in there........do you fish from up top the aquaduct or the shoreline...........any info would be great..........would it be better from a boat.............years ago when I fished there the shad would swim along the walls of the aquaduct are the walleye right there with them............or on bottom..................JHM

Guest Perch man

well muskiehntr when you get your heah out of your ass and maby you can you can get walleyes to

or ask of some info

Thanks and rember gofkurhat

I am having eyes for diner tonight that I got last night :worthy:

Guest vidarling

Hey all,

No walleye for me yet but last week we caught 2 large catfish (3-4+ lbs) and 1 small one off of the dock on the east side using minnows rigged on a 3 way swivel. The big ones both put up an awesome fight!

Further advanced my sons belief that I am a master fisherman!

We will try for some walleye next week. (probably in the same spot!)

later

vidarling

P.S. Minnows from the fishing store on East Main! (The fellow was very generous)

I will definately bring my digital camera next time!

• 8 months later...
Guest muskiehntr
well muskiehntr when you get your heah out of your ass and maby you can you can get walleyes to 

or ask of some info

Thanks and rember gofkurhat

I am having eyes for diner tonight that I got last night :)

781[/snapback]

well sorry for the long delay jeff but my head was really stuck. and i only ended up tagging a little over a hundred fish last year!

but i hear that you still have lots to say this year again eh jeff!! "bucket head" lol!

Come on a guy asks a simple question and all you guys can do is argue wether someone caught a few fish down there? Im probably one of the youngest on this bored and I have enough common sense to tell that this is pointless and will only lead to a locked topic and a disappointed poster in search of a few pickerel(yes...pickerel).

Guest watch dog

I fish with Perch man down there all the time. We walleyes all the time. We have seen you there one Time for crappies :lol:

AS for calling him out with ! of him and 6 of your bubbes I would have stood up the 6 of you not walked away from you like he did.

Your beef about the welland dont be mad when some one gets more fish then you.

LEARN FROM THEM NOT KNOCK THEM

SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL RED MACHINE

Tommy

Guest Perch man

RELAX TOMMY !!!!!!!!

We all can fish there I would like to fish with them and find out more about the tagging of fish there doing. We can all live peacefully in a fishing world.

P.S lets go to Queanston one night this week and try for eyes tuesday is a good night for me.some one cut you tree out of the water and took your husky jerk

HA HA !!!!!!

TIGHT LINES

Guest rockbassman
I fish with Perch man down there all the time. We walleyes all the time. We have seen you there one Time for crappies :lol:

AS for calling him out with ! of him and 6 of your bubbes I would have SHOT you not walked away from you like he did.

SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL RED MACHINE :P

19186[/snapback]

Well for that matter of shotting us....when u have the balls to meet us then we will see where it go's till then get on with life....BUCKET HEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Guest Perch man

This is not how things should have gone This is a fishing bord not a fighting bord

Lets just fish

TIGHT LINES

No it wasn't Tommy niagara

Watch Dogs name is Tommy

AS for calling him out with ! of him and 6 of your bubbes I would have stood up the 6 of  you not walked away from you like he did.

Tommy

19186[/snapback]

Local Red Machine? Do you mean the murdering, drug dealing filth known as the Hell's Angels? If the answer is yes, I'd like to know if this forum would stand behind such a statement. Somehow I doubt it.

Archived