Martindale Pond

FajciFisher

Me and my son were planning on fishing today, having previously fished at Green Ribbon, we were hoping to fish some new spots. We aren't looking for secret spots, just the park name or the street it's on. Basic directions would help. I fish for carp while my son fishes for pike/bass. Thank you in advance :dunno:

?henley island?

not on a weekend like this one with a 2-day regatta although i did see some diehards by the bridge as we were leaving the island after our days' racing. we usually pack our rods so, if all goes well with racing we'll have a couple hours spare to see what the fishing is like tomorrow. the water today was VERY muddy after the rains.

i fish jaycee gardens on ontario st in the old canal for carp there are some decent size ones in there a couple pushing 25lbs

24' is a deep hole for that area . I have caught some good sheepshead & the odd channel cat there plus a few pannies . Two older European guys (Polish , Ukrain etc) got a big eel there last fall they told us .The weeds are thick now , not a lot of water to bottom fish in the pond. Green Ribbon seems to produce fish including some decent carp and lots of pannies for the kids.

Awh man, my son had his 3rd hit at Green Ribbon yesterday. His first was a catch (will post later), second was a pike striking his spinner but missing it, and yesterday he had it, about 3 meters from the shore, had it hooked and everything, when all of a sudden, SWOOOOSH, it darts, takes the entire lure off. Felt bad for my son at first, then later felt bad for the fish having to have a lure in its mouth. He'll hopefully get more pike soon :( As for me I got skunked yesterday. This morning we both got skunked, hopefully we'll have more luck next time. What are your thoughts on topwaters on martindale and the rapala minnow rap? I have a husky jerk but it's more of a top water as it doesn't go deep at all. Looking to buy a few new lures for him.

Archived