Anyone know any great shore fishing spots in St Catharines???

bobbydakota03

No such thing or we would all be there now.

All the waters around St.Kitts hold fish.

One day the action can be hot,

The next day nothing.

That's the reality of fishing.

:angry2:

Carpman Bob,

No, no, no, no no, NO!

This is the wrong way to introduce yourself on the board.

Niagarafishing.net is a "community of practice"

The concept of a community of practice (often abbreviated as CoP) refers to the process of social learning that occurs and shared sociocultural practices that emerge and evolve when people who have common goals interact as they strive towards those goals.

Read More here on CoP's

So understand this is a community. People need to get to know you and trust that they tell you about a spot, you're not going to bring four 5-gallon pails with you to that spot and fill them with yummy carp to take home and have a big fish fry with in the common room of your apartment building. Tell us a bit about yourself. Why don't you know where to fish? What type of fish are you looking for? What setup do you fish with? Have you picked up a fishing licence? If you snagged a bass in the tail, would you keep it? Is it legal to fish with 2 lines?

Heck, there are a number of very lonely teenagers and men on here who would probably offer to join you fishing and show you the ins and outs of some local spots. But they need to know you and trust you first.

This board has been chugging along in its current state since around the first of August 2004. I don't know what Rick had going before that although I'm sure it was epic.

You may search the forums using the search option. Type in "shore fishing st catharines" and see what comes up. The archives of this site cover pretty much every shore fishing opportunity the region has. Alternatively, look at google maps and see where all the lakes and rivers are in St. Catharines. If that doesn't work, try Peter's Tackle, or the people who work the sporting goods sections at Canadian Tire or Wall-eye mart. Ask them for help I'm sure they are an untapped resource!

So have a look around, do a few hours worth of reading and I'm sure the jigsaw puzzle that is nfn.net will soon come together to be a beautiful photo resembling a big tasty carp for you to take home and feed your family.

tight lines cleo out!

LMAO @ CLEO... what a post..... Good one though...

Try lake gibson.. lost of shore spots there.. along beverdams road there are so many bodies of water to fish in there.. all have produced lots of fish for me in recent years.. not so much this year though.. dont know why?? maybe i just havent got out enough or maybe because the water is 2 feet lower then it was last year.. or maybe its just a bad year for me that started out great with some huge cat action on the grand.. when we were catchin those monsters in the spring we thought this was going to be a great year.. but boy were we wrong.. last few weeks havent produced for us.. everywhere we try erie, welland river, niagara river, chippawa river... only cought fish in the welland river.. But we will never give up cause fishing it AWSOME!!! So id say just grab your rod and get out there and find a "great" spot, catch some fish and share your story with us...! And post some pics...

P.S: ONLY USE ONE LINE!!!! lol :worthy::worthy:

hey Carpman Bob.......welcome to the forum. I think Cleo is right about joining a forum and how people moderate themselves, thereafter. I am also new to this site and I have spent many hours reading up on old threads and also new ones. I have not fished since I was a kid and just getting back into it now with my wife. so we're learning as we go, as far as where to fish, how to fish and everything inbetween. I will tell you this though........these guys on here are awesome. they will help you out with anything you may need to know, or want to know. as I said, I also haven't been here long and I've learned so much in just a short amount of time. if anyone on this forum ever wants fishing partners, my wife and I would be happy to go with anyone. just a word of warning though.......she doesn't play fair and most often, I get schooled or skunked. must be a woman thing with fish, or I just suck. one or the other. LOL.

anyway, here are places that my wife and I have fished and gotten results over the past several weeks. we've been doing a lot of night fishing lately, since we're trying to beat the heat as of late, so I'll post what we caught and time of day..........

Port D pier and Marina..........day to early evening........pumpkinseed, smallmouth, largemouth, white bass, cats and, we've seen pike in the channel

Charles Daily park(south side of QEW)......day to early evening.........white bass and cats (guys at the lake saying the bite is slow right now)

Lake Gibson.........night...........several fairly large cats

Henley Island........day and night..........lots of gobies(UGH), and several small panies

green ribbon trail...........day...............small panies only

JC park........day.........small panies, smallmouth, cats and, we've seen carp there, but not caught any

4 mile creek(Virgil)......day..............nuthin at all, totally skunked, but all in all a nice day out. lol

is there anything else at the landfill, or just cats? just curious. :P

Nope... just cats.

By the way nice post cleo!!

Its pretty funny he hasn't posted since

I think we either scared him off or... he had no intentions of joining the community and just wanted to pick our brians for some honey holes then be off.

Nope... just cats.

By the way nice post cleo!!

Its pretty funny he hasn't posted since

I think we either scared him off or... he had no intentions of joining the community and just wanted to pick our brians for some honey holes then be off.

Actually I have caught small rockbass there

hey, I'm still here and awaiting honey hole information..........any suggestions would be nice. LMAO. all kidding aside though, I am enjoying what I'm reading on here and also enjoying finding new spots to fish on my own. some produce and some don't........them's the breaks, right!? as long as it is productively wasting time, who cares.......is my attitude. and that's all that matters.

hey, I'm still here and awaiting honey hole information..........any suggestions would be nice. LMAO. all kidding aside though, I am enjoying what I'm reading on here and also enjoying finding new spots to fish on my own. some produce and some don't........them's the breaks, right!? as long as it is productively wasting time, who cares.......is my attitude. and that's all that matters.

I love finding new spots :P and it makes you appericate them more when you find em yourself!

• 10 years later...

Hi all! My name is Jeanette, I’m a disabled military veteran and just leaned to flyfish with soldier on last fall. I love fly fishing g now! When they took us out is was to private ponds so I’m not sure where is good for fly fishing. Before I learned to flyfish I had a few spots I would go for spincasting, unfortunately you can’t really flyfish there. I only do catch and release so just looking for a place to flyfish where I could bring my walker. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Ty

On 5/2/2020 at 12:59 PM, Jeanette J said:

Hi all! My name is Jeanette, I’m a disabled military veteran and just leaned to flyfish with soldier on last fall. I love fly fishing g now! When they took us out is was to private ponds so I’m not sure where is good for fly fishing. Before I learned to flyfish I had a few spots I would go for spincasting, unfortunately you can’t really flyfish there. I only do catch and release so just looking for a place to flyfish where I could bring my walker. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Ty

What species are you looking to target?

On 5/2/2020 at 12:59 PM, Jeanette J said:

Me too. I hear of Soldier On. Great idea. Ex military need that community. Just learning fly fishing too. Didn't get my gear yet. Was going to before lock down closed stores. I'm just looking for small fish from streams/creeks, mysterious ponds to start. Eventually move to larger gear for steelheads/pike/bass. But small fish should be good to practice on.

What about Mount Pleasant Trout ponds, I haven't been there in years.

I think there should be some fishable areas in Waterford quarries.

I think Binbrook Conservation has some area that you could fish, L. Niapenco.

If I ran a fishing charter and you being a veteran, it would be a pleasure you joining on a days charter for nothing the price you paid for us.👍👍

Archived