Ice on Pushlinch Lake

Dirka13

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
how was bannister? i want to try it i know theres a few large ones in there. i called the MNR on a few people in the spring at bannister and wrigly

Bannister and Wrigley look pretty frozen over now except the current area by the road. Looks like some guys were on there playing hockey and Wrigley looks like someone tried a few holes. Other than that, doesn't look like anyone was on there. Might have to check out the back areas. Worth a try I guess. Hope it's not a waste of time.

perchkeeper and i will be up there on the 23rd.. wondering if anyone can tell us the best place to hit the lake. where to park etc? any info on the lake will be very helpful.
Bannister and Wrigley look pretty frozen over now except the current area by the road. Looks like some guys were on there playing hockey and Wrigley looks like someone tried a few holes. Other than that, doesn't look like anyone was on there. Might have to check out the back areas. Worth a try I guess. Hope it's not a waste of time.

PM me and let me know how that goes walleyeguy

read my post perch keeper all teh info u need is in there

• 2 weeks later...

Another day on the hard water and it was nice out. too bad my auger blades are dull and theres over 12 inches of ice lol 5 holes and i was pooched. my friend had his first ever pike on a tip up but he managed to head shake and bite off the stinger at the hole. I managed to land one. all in all it was slow for us today, some other ppl said they landed 6 and had loads of bites so still good if u find the right spot. 2 vehicles on the ice today a full sized pick up and a car. those old farts got more balls than i ever will hahahaha well heres the fish cheers.

PIC_0070.jpg

PIC_0067.jpg

Will be out there on Saturday this weekend giving it a try.

Was wondering if ppl use wire leaders as the favour to catch in Puslinch are pike.

See you all out there

I have a 4 man black subzero hut dont be shy to come say hi.

Mikey

Will be out there on Saturday this weekend giving it a try.

Was wondering if ppl use wire leaders as the favour to catch in Puslinch are pike.

See you all out there

I have a 4 man black subzero hut dont be shy to come say hi.

Mikey

absolutley use a wire leader, the northerns seem to bite through the 14 pound test stinger set ups we use. as for saturday i might try my luck and head down to Port delhousie never been there but im dieing to get some trout, the northerns arent doin it for me lol i need my trout fix cause im fiending lol

Perchmaster and I will be there tomorrow in my monster 8 person subzero hut.

Dont be afraid to say hi and we will say hi to if we recognize people.

Hope we catch alot of Pike!!!

is it the black and oarange one? if so we walked right in front of u in the morning checking by the small islands than into the deep channel, didnt manage anythign today but it was nice out.

Hey Dirka.

We were in the doublewide type subzero hut and it is black and orange. We looked for your truck and never saw it if we did we woulda came over for sure.

We did good today caught 20 or so and about 12 of them keepers :D Perch

So we were in the deep channel? Where were you at?

Hey Dirka.

We were in the doublewide type subzero hut and it is black and orange. We looked for your truck and never saw it if we did we woulda came over for sure.

We did good today caught 20 or so and about 12 of them keepers :D Perch

So we were in the deep channel? Where were you at?

you were in a alright spot, but no that wasnt the "channel", way more far right near the big white house it gets about 10 feet and deepr if you follow off the shore line, lots of weeds also... a local friend who lives there let me in on the secret spot for all the walleye being pulled out. he said 15 last winter

so next time ill stop in and say hello and point out some spots.

and i cut a few holes not to far behind you near the lil islands and it is SHALLOW. suprised you missed the sasquatch walking by your shelter

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all was out on pushlinch today and it was a cold NW wind, had to use my van as a wind block, set up my marcum and tip ups, than used my perch rod for a bit managed a decent perch which was caught n released, had a VERY nice cruiser pike come past, and had a pike race in from the side and strike my perch jig but he missed and never returned. any ways hopefully ill fair a little better tomorrow. cheers

PIC_0095.jpg

PIC_0094.jpg

Mclintocks has started blocking the entrance to puchlinch so u cant get your vehicle out on the ice, i was out there on saturday just before they blocked me and 4 other cars on the ice, it was nerve racking driving out there, i felt like a ice road trucker with all the ice cracking, and with this barley below freezing temps ice will start to weakin, be carefull if your gonna be bringing out your vehicle. as for the fishing i had about 100 fish swim past the camera, big dirty school of crappie but couldnt get them to bite, had another lunker pike come up to my maggots n jig but thats all it did, he got so close to my bait it looked like he kissed it lol. cheers

Mclintocks has started blocking the entrance to puchlinch so u cant get your vehicle out on the ice, i was out there on saturday just before they blocked me and 4 other cars on the ice, it was nerve racking driving out there, i felt like a ice road trucker with all the ice cracking, and with this barley below freezing temps ice will start to weakin, be carefull if your gonna be bringing out your vehicle. as for the fishing i had about 100 fish swim past the camera, big dirty school of crappie but couldnt get them to bite, had another lunker pike come up to my maggots n jig but thats all it did, he got so close to my bait it looked like he kissed it lol. cheers

I was there yesterday and I saw lots of vehicles out on the ice but I really didn't like the idea of taking mine out. Cracks all over the place. Would be more convenient but I'm okay with walkin' out. I didn't catch anything. I tried smelt on the bottom for about an hour or so but no takers. Would have liked to get some of those crappies.

I was there yesterday and I saw lots of vehicles out on the ice but I really didn't like the idea of taking mine out. Cracks all over the place. Would be more convenient but I'm okay with walkin' out. I didn't catch anything. I tried smelt on the bottom for about an hour or so but no takers. Would have liked to get some of those crappies.

ive been seeing schools of about 15-20 but they are hard to get to bite, i must get some smaller jigs 1/100 oz im thinking

Archived