Waterford ponds

Babineau

Got up early this morning and headed out to the ponds in Waterford in search of some crappie, didn't get anything but my sisters boyfriend got a nice OOS large mouth that we quickly took a picture of and sent back. I plan on getting back out tonight for a few hours ANY SUGGESTIONS? (I will upload the picture of the bass and hopefully some other fish later tonight :P)

..........Ended up just going down to the bay for a couple of hours because my buddy worked a little later then expected. Caught some perch and rock bass, here are a few pictures

DSCI0009.jpg

DSCI0008-1.jpg

IMG_1597.jpg

I was gonna head out there this weekend but I figured with that cold front it would be a waste of time. I tried Bannister instead but got nothing. Saw a guy get a small pike and that's it.

nice fish looks like a good spot for bass opener how deep is it, might even be worth fly fishing for bass, I gotta bunch of bass bugs I wanna give a go.

Guest TC1OZ
nice fish looks like a good spot for bass opener how deep is it, might even be worth fly fishing for bass, I gotta bunch of bass bugs I wanna give a go.

I've been, top water for large mouth here is amazing! I was the only one in the boat not catching anything as I was using split shot and a worm lol.

I've been, top water for large mouth here is amazing! I was the only one in the boat not catching anything as I was using split shot and a worm lol.

so you know were this is which town is it in and Im aware thats its way outta of the region :dunno:

Guest TC1OZ
so you know were this is which town is it in and Im aware thats its way outta of the region :dunno:

Yes I do, but I'm not hitting it up without a boat we can carry and a trolling motor.

Maybe I can take my buddies canoe out there.

Yes I do, but I'm not hitting it up without a boat we can carry and a trolling motor.

Maybe I can take my buddies canoe out there.

I gotta a canoe with paddles does that count :dunno:

lol yes that counts, we'll hit it up when bass opens up.

alright but I think we hijacked this topic :dunno:

Guest Rockfish

I used to get crappie yrs ago by the railroad just off Main st in Waterford. Minnows were the best bait to use.

BM12, I see it hasn't been mentioned yet but there are 4 ponds to fish North of Rd #9 and another 5 ponds off Mechanic st so take your pic when Bass season opens.

I used to get crappie yrs ago by the railroad just off Main st in Waterford. Minnows were the best bait to use.

BM12, I see it hasn't been mentioned yet but there are 4 ponds to fish North of Rd #9 and another 5 ponds off Mechanic st so take your pic when Bass season opens.

I think I just died there is no way I could fish all them ponds in one day

Guest Rockfish

I haven't fished those ponds for about 15 yrs and they were full of sunfish (or blue gill). The pond closest to the rd north of Rd #9,, they call the Trout pond and it has a year round open trout (rainbow) season but we never managed to catch any from shore. That pond is fairly deep so u would need a boat or a canoe to get out to the deeper areas.

Not sure if u can fish all the ponds off Mechanic st on the North side and the Conservation area is on that rd on the south side and has a fee to get in. Last time I saw the ponds, south of Rd #9 were old quarries and private and there is (or was) a pay stocked Trout pond, keep and pay for what ya catch type thing. Just take a look at a satellite map and you'll see the different ponds.

Archived