Dunnville???

NFangler

Im from the falls and it really feels like anytime I head out to shore fish I have other fishermen and women telling me the place to go for shore fishing is Dunnville. What's the truth behind this? Is it worth my hour drive? What spots specifically are good? Bait? Lures? I just really want to catch some fish. Thanks for any help.

Cheers,

-RY

I only shore fish, and there's plenty of places in Niagara Falls, Thorold, St. Catharines, and Welland that have given me success. But then, I suppose it all depends what you're wanting to catch. I have heard great stories about cats down in Dunnville. But as far as bass, I've seen them caught, or caught them myself, just about everywhere I've fished. So really, it's entirely up to you. But I say stick close to home, and save some gas.

Guest UglyFish

Stop by Flicks/Flats? bait and tackle. He'll point ya in the direction of the species ur looking for in Dunnville. Right down by the Lake on the west side.

Im from the falls and it really feels like anytime I head out to shore fish I have other fishermen and women telling me the place to go for shore fishing is Dunnville. What's the truth behind this? Is it worth my hour drive? What spots specifically are good? Bait? Lures? I just really want to catch some fish. Thanks for any help.

Cheers,

-RY

try the Welland river-launch in Chippawa.

Dunnville is great if you've got a boat, but not quite as hot for shore fishing, but you'll catch stuff though if you fish from shore. IMHO, you are better off shore fishing in the Welland River, Niagara River, or pretty much any other spot in Niagara. after saying that, everywhere is slow right now. we need some cooler nights to bring the water temp down a bit, since most of the fish seem to have lock jaw at the moment. LOL.

Stop by Flicks bait and tackle. He'll point ya in the direction of the species ur looking for in Dunnville. Right down by the Lake on the west side.

I believe you mean Flatts bait and tackle which is in Port Maitland

Archived