Red Wolf vs Southbend

Guest chilli

Which Brand do you feel has more value?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Which Brand do you feel has more value?

• Red Wolf is Garbage.
    • Red Wolf has Quality.
    • Money talks so I buy Red Wolf.
    • Southbend is Garbage.
    • Southbend has Quality.
    • Money talks so I buy Southbend.
    • Both SUCK

Guest chilli

Hey guys, what do you think of Canadian Tires "Red Wolf" products or Wal-marts "Southbend" line?

Personally I don't like Red Wolf. I went there today to pick up some swivels and Red Wolf was the only selection. Wal-mart primarily carries Southbend but has at least 1 or 2 alternatives.

Are they cheap crap or is there some value there? I'm talking overall here. Swivels n hooks, rods, line etc.

Guest pat kirby

We used to sell Southbend as our entry level tackle, lots of kids and weekend fishers do not want to spend a lot of money just to lose it, we swithched to Red Wolf, for the simple reason of booking orders, we have to reach a minimum dollar to get the discounts. I think RW hooks are better than SB, I have customers that like the SB Invisi Leaders,

I have never had anyone complain about either product, but I still see both as an entry level. Of course we carry an assortment of highend terminal tackle.

Support your local tackle shop or someday you may only have Walmart and CTC to choose from. Pat

Guest bigfish1965

The Red Wolf bottom bouncers can be made into something usable. Simply snip off the snap part of the snap swivel and it increases it's strength by about 4 times.

Definitely entry level or weekend gear for the novice angler but heck, not everyone is as consumed by our sport as we are, and we demand the best quality out there. i remeber i bought a south bend leader and as i cinched my knot the leader broke at the swivel, cheap! imagine if i had a $5-10 bait tied to it and a hammer handle smacked it, boy would i be ticked. ;)

Guest chilli

Hey anyone ever buy waders from Wmart? I was looking at a pair for $65 made buy I believe it was "Bushline". Anyone have an opinion on the Bushline quality? I'm not looking for top of the line, I just don't want something that going to rip too easy.

Also, what do you guys think of the "Cotton Cordell" stuff like the walleye minnows.

Archived