Dunnville ice fishing

minnow killer

I was thinking of hittin up the ville for some ice fishing with a few bud's. I've got a few questions.

what fish are in there this time of year?

and where is a good place to get on?

my neighbour said he used to go near the dam, but that seems kinda stupid, but what do i know, i've never been there.

Guest Pike212

Never go near the dam, its fast flowing all year. If you were to go through the current would wash you out to the lake under the ice. Walleye haven't been biting for a couple years now, Crappies either. Smelt are thick, that's why the walters don't bite.

Steve can help you get started but if you hook into a friend like fishlips he might take you to the hotspots Steve won't tell you about. Even Steve knows better than to send the whole world to the spots that land him dinner consistently. If your looking for the sure thing don't look on the internet. Come here make friends and go fishing and you'll learn soon enough.

Steve can help you get started but if you hook into a friend like fishlips he might take you to the hotspots Steve won't tell you about. Even Steve knows better than to send the whole world to the spots that land him dinner consistently. If your looking for the sure thing don't look on the internet. Come here make friends and go fishing and you'll learn soon enough.

I don't know about that, he sent the whole world to Pleasant beach two years ago.

im with fishlips u gotta acualy fish if u wanna catch a eye on the river there hasnt bin a year yet i havnt iced one myself. the more time u put in better chances ull acually catch one. instead of bad mouthin people on here mabbe u should be fishin

Guest Pike212

Don't get me wrong, Steve's a good guy and the most honest fisherman I know. He's pointed me in the right direction of fish and tactics which I'm grateful for... problem is he advertises it to the whole world by any means he can and us locals gotta fight for a spot under heavy pressure where we've fished since we had our Transformers/Batman fishing rods.

Honestly I'm usually the one sticking up for Steve off the internet.

Don't get on the ice at port maitland because the ice is unsafe. It was only a couple of days old upto yesterday and may have been blown out with the wind/ waves we had today. Steves( Fishxxxxxx) is the only place were you can safely get on right now.

OK maybe pike212 had a point. Almost sounds like Steve has a new name on the board but its never going to happen here. Us the pm. Tread lightly fishlips your poking one of my hot buttons.

There are plenty of places to get on the ice in Dunnville. Drive down and have a look and ask some of the locals. Don't forget the river doesn't end at the Dam. It goes way upstream from there and if you don't mind driving around the other side then your entry options increase.

Come on guys it's time to stop spamming for that guy. Start posting some alternative access points in Dunville. The knowledge of that fishery is not locked up in the head of one business man.

well there isnt many spots to enter river theres the bbq if u wana take the risk of walking on sulfor creek plus its a long walk to fishing. vics u wont see him letting people access from there becuase of littering. theres the damn sketchy ice. the pier not even close to safe yet i would like to no ware else there is good access points that i dont no about ive only ice fished the river my whole life.

As to what Kritdog was saying the river has really no access to it safely right now as the down by the lake it is still sketchy and behind the arena the ice has been open up almost to the ramp the whole winter this year, tread and spud lightly getting on ice behind arena. I am not promoting the operator down the river but I am only laying out the facts. The river is completely surronded with private property and I would be carefull with the rednecks we have up here as they will have a confrontation with you for trespassing.

NO ONE should trespass for access. I'm sure though that once one of those rednecks on the lower river realize they can get $5 for parking they'll open up their driveway and check the ice too :P. Like I said it's a huge river. Don't let anyone tell you there's only one way on.

well good luck finding somewhere cuase 3/4s of the house back the the marsh and thts a long walk to main channle so who wants to listen to a local or out of towner. best spot to get on is 776 Main Street East, Dunnville type that into google maps and ull be fishing in no time without the hasle of finding another spot to access

well good luck finding somewhere cuase 3/4s of the house back the the marsh and thts a long walk to main channle so who wants to listen to a local or out of towner. best spot to get on is 776 Main Street East, Dunnville type that into google maps and ull be fishing in no time without the hasle of finding another spot to access

I've fished the grand from top to bottom, and 776 main st is about the only spot I have NEVER accessed from. What, are you getting commission?

Archived