Route to the whirlpool?

Seanook

I am about to take my first trip down to the Niagara whirlpool and I am not sure what to expect or exactly sure how to get there. I am aware that it is quite a trek, but not sure where to access it. I have found only vague directions on the net. I am a responsible, clean and consciensous angler. If anyone has any advice, your input would be greatly appreciated. Also if it your preference not to post to much info on this board I will put my e-mail address below. Thanks :Gonefishing:

Email: seamusmcfetus@hotmail.com

I assume your coming in on the QEW.If so take the hwy 420 exit and then the Victoria st exit.Turn left on vic and follow it to the end.Then turn left and follow the parkway 1/2 mile and parking lot is on the right side as soon as you go around a sharp bend in the road.When you park you have to walk 200 ft right to get to the stairs.Good luck.

Oh dear, Snag just gave perfect directions to a spot I have been keeping "secret" for over 45 years. LOL .

Seanook, the trail could be very tracherous at this time of year. Be very careful if you decide to try it. Also, the ice buildup on the shore line could break away in the current without much warning. Be safe and best of luck to you..............Boog

Right on! Thanks guys. I will keep the warnings in mind for sure. This forum rocks. I've had a ton of awsome advice and tips already and it's only been one day. If there were more Canadian anglers in the world, it would be a much nicer place. Cheers boys.

Archived