Bin Vewy Vewy Busy

bigugli

With the Niagara outdoor show only a week away, I've had no time for fishing.

Too busy making blingbling, etc..., for softwater season.

DSCN3304.jpg

DSCN3302.jpg

DSCN3303.jpg

Got to admit there is a lot of satisfaction to making tackle. Bigger thrill is when I start nailing bass on these flipping jigs.

Very very nice Bruce. I am intrigued...A few questions. Where do you buy your lead, skirts, molds, weedguards etc and what brand of hooks did you put on them? How much does it work out to per jig? Are you saving money or is it more about the customization factor and catching fish on something you made that appeals to you. Nice colour selection too, I like the brown and watermelon.

Vewwwy nice Bruce . Quite a combo of colour there ! The top picture would make a nice wall paper ! Got any shrimp colours ? Bass like shrimp ! B)

Very very nice Bruce. I am intrigued...A few questions. Where do you buy your lead, skirts, molds, weedguards etc and what brand of hooks did you put on them? How much does it work out to per jig? Are you saving money or is it more about the customization factor and catching fish on something you made that appeals to you. Nice colour selection too, I like the brown and watermelon.

To start off, the lures are a paying hobby. To make a few lures here and there costs more than store bought. I make lures, harnesses, jigs and weights in the hundreds at a batch. I sell some and use some. Makes me a wee profit that might pay for a roadtrip or two in the course of a year. I don't get rich off it as I like to keep the prices affordable.

The lead comes from scrap yards. Wheel weights are not ideal as they are not pure lead. All the main supplies come from Luremaking.com. The hooks are Eagle Claws. I like the fact that almost all the components are North American. I know what i'm making, where it came from, whose paycheque I'm supporting.

I'm the same way with the salsas I bottle.

Come check it all out at the Niagara Outdoor show next weekend in the Falls.

Archived