Niagara Outdoor Show This Weekend

Dan Andrews

We have several members here that will be selling stuff at this weekends Niagara Outdoor Show. I know of at least 4 members here who will have a table there and I hope you all drop by and support them. w1w1w1 will host the show and likely sell tackle, loopy will prolly sell hotdogs, Denis brings his whole store there, hammercarp brings the carp bait and bigugli sells his ugliboys baits and hopefully some table fare.

Did I miss anyone?

So what are you guys looking to buy? I'm just going to browse but will likely get sucked in for a new reel and some floats. If there's beer this year they'll get me for a few of those too. I may even take a look at the long bows if any show.

Well I hope to have lots to offer, and some good deals too.

I make baits at, what I think, is a reasonable price.

Bucktail harnesses

DSCN2367.jpg

DSCN2366.jpg

Bucktail jigs

DSCN2368.jpg

A wide variety of weights and jigs in all sizes and colours.

NEw this season are flipping jigs.

DSCN3302.jpg

DSCN3303.jpg

There are some accessories,etc...

Also bringing some of my home brew. Comes in mild, medium, hot and Oh My!

DSCN3200.jpg

Stop by to chat, say Hi!

Can someone give an exact location for me. I will be coming in from Welland. The link on the promo has a Tim Horton's highlighted. Is that where it is in the park behind the Timmy's?

Can someone give an exact location for me. I will be coming in from Welland. The link on the promo has a Tim Horton's highlighted. Is that where it is in the park behind the Timmy's?

It is at Dorchester and Morrison, in the hall down at the west end of the park. Morrison dead ends at the QEW, so turn right.

The Port Colborne & District Conservation Club will be selling raffle tickets to win your boat's entry ($300 value) into the 444 International Walleye Tournament, June 24-26. The 1st place boat will take home $10,000!!!

Map to Niagara Outdoor Show

I believe the St Catharines Game and Fish will be there also.

For everyone that pays to get in the show you will be eligible to win a guided trip and also for everyone that spends $25 at fishinniagara tables not including Set the Hook who will also be at our tables. You to will be eligible for another guided trip draw and you will get 1 ticket for every $25 spent with no limit on how much you spend.

I will have over 100 fishing rods including ugly sticks and eagle claw @ very discounted prices.

I'm bringing ALL my BLADES and BEADS even my own tournament stuff so this is the time to stock up and possibly WIN a guided trip doing so.

For the bass guys you will see some awesome spinner baits all poured on GAMMY hooks.

Red October baits in full force along with Marc Arena doing a seminar.

This is one show you won't wanna miss I promise

Denis is set the hook going to have products for sale? I saw some of their baits this weekend and was looking online today to purchase them. Amazing soft plastics!

I was waiting 'til today to post. Just picked up the Review at the end of the driveway and opened it up to see an awesome front page banner that was designed by my friend Daniel Radice. It's been a long journey since the beginning of Nov. but this weekend should prove that it was worth the work. By that, I mean all the people who have contributed to the success of this project, so far. Everyone can help out networking. I always hear after the show, "Oh, I forgot about it". Please, help the people with bad memories. If you send niagaraoutdoorshow.com to your friends and relatives locally, then they send it...we all know this works. If you know someone who doesn't have a computer, call'em up. We are part of a fishing community that comes together once a year to make this event happen. See ya at the show!!!...regards, Bill

well if you haven't gone get down there :o:clapping:

The most valuable thing I brought home today was information! Did you know there is a pay fishing pond stocked with trout right in the middle of the region? It's been there for 5 years!

024.jpg

Tangled Lines Fish Farm in Thorold has been hosting anglers new and pro for five years now and you'll be reading about their kids derby/pig roast later this year. No licence required! :clapping: You catch n keep trout from one pond and pay per pound and the other pond is catch n release and they have some decent bluegills and crappy to target.

Familiar faces.

028.jpg

I saw the biggest rod I've ever seen and the corn looks much bigger in my hand than in Lorne's

Local vendors and a few from outside the Region as well.

008-1.jpg

Denis has an entire wall and the prices are slashed

023.jpg

Steve is here to support our local economy as always. These are the guys that make our fishing scene happen so if you want to show Bill some appreciation go down and make sure these guys make a few buck so they'll return again next year. We wiould have to go to TO if there were no vendors!

016.jpg

Rex gave a great wildturkey seminar and I learned something. Never think you know it all. Did you know you can make a great turkey call from the wing bone?

014.jpg

It's not just bullets and hooks folks. Learn how to protect yourself from both disease and government red tape.

Taxidermy is not the art of rubbing a taxi on your skin but it can make your living room beautiful and your harvest memorable. Dean is new to the show this year :worthy:

012-1.jpg

If your a kayak angler stop and talk here. If your also a tournament angler there's a great adventure waiting at this booth

017.jpg

How about a shed that doubles as a small cottage/ ice bungalo or heck even a place for the teenager to live in during the summer months in the back yard

006-1.jpg

Where else can you buy home made food stuff and tackle together than an outdoor show. Careful with this next picture as it may get Ugli :o

020.jpg

Some of the usual suspects

037.jpg

there are allot of good orgs here as well. Everyone is chatty and the knowledge flowing through the room is immense. Just ask a question :bravo:

031.jpg

More pictures to come tonight but I recommend going down there yourself. It's like a swill because everyone is there but your going to make new friends and learn a few things. I know I did.

If you didn't go today the show could use your help tomorrow. If there was any doubt it's worth the $5 admission let me tell you I got more than that in return within minutes of being there.

:o WHAT!? Are you still reading the internet :slap: Get down there :P

Was there today! I second what Dan says. Great info and some great deals. I brought my fishing buddy Jake and his mom, who walked out with two rods and reels, a new pair of sunglasses and a couple dozen business cards.

I bought some flip up shades for my glasses and a Columbia rain jacket(something I've been meaning to buy for some time). And most importantly I picked up a jar of "Oh My" salsa, which I'll be tasting as soon as I get some chips to dip.

Great show and well worth the $5.00.

popped in there of a bit today , did a quick walk around spent some money with Denis on some sharp looking Baits and had to get outta there before i bought myself a shiny new reel. Go have a look guys its well worth the $5 to get in Plus your entered into 3 draws for your $5 entry fee good deal , might head back again tomorrow :clapping:

025.jpg

There were plenty of orgs with something to offer for this show. The port Colborne and District Conservation Club were holding a draw for a chance to win your 444 walleye tournament entry fee worth $300.

The St Catharines Game and Fish Association were were offering a free lure from their newest sponsor when you purchased your derby ticket at the show

021.jpg

Thinking about getting into fly tying? This guy can show you how

030.jpg

There's plenty here to tie with also

029.jpg

Got rods? My basement is a mess and I could use one of these

036.jpg

How about a little snack for your day of fishing

038.jpg

Watch out for that lightning! Here's a group you can join to up your karma points

041.jpg

Seriously there's something here for everyone and if you have the gift for gab you could easily spend your whole Sunday here.

I ended up buying a #12 kwikfish, some scent blocker laundry detergent, a mini offshore planer which I tried on the Upper with the kwikfish tonight, and a membership to the Sporting Clubs of Niagara who have thrown themselves under a bus to protect our rights this last year and in my eyes deserve some new members if even just to show our appreciation. :clapping::thx:

I planed on going this year just to see Mellisa at the Lyme table, ( she was the one that set me up with the dr. in North York ), but my new job has me working 7 days a week. She is very knowledgable in Lyme, stop by and see her.

Archived