40 Mile Creek Spring Fishing, Grimsby, Ontario

jackws24

I'm planning on trying some spring fishing in the creek, as my buddies claim they're getting some nice bows there lately. I've never tried spring fishing in a creek before, im just wondering if anyone has any helpful advice as im very new to this. Thanks alot guys!

if the bows aren't co-operating, use some worms and get into some sucker action :Gonefishing:

Will do, thanks. Have you ever fished the 40? I hear that there's often a run of salmon and bows in the spring and fall, but I haven't experienced it yet.

Guest Rockfish

The 40 mile has eroded over the yrs and slows to a trickle in the summer and Fall until a good rain. Chinooks don't show up in numbers like they used to in the Fall, nor do Brown Trout as they used to. Keep in mind trout is open just to the QEW bridge until the opener later this month. B)

The 40 mile has eroded over the yrs and slows to a trickle in the summer and Fall until a good rain. Chinooks don't show up in numbers like they used to in the Fall, nor do Brown Trout as they used to. Keep in mind trout is open just to the QEW bridge until the opener later this month. B)

Thanks, for the reply. I realize it's not the greatest fishing spot, i'm just looking to give it a shot. Do you know any good tips for fishing in small rivers/creeks in general? Thanks again.

Guest Rockfish

Thanks, for the reply. I realize it's not the greatest fishing spot, i'm just looking to give it a shot. Do you know any good tips for fishing in small rivers/creeks in general? Thanks again.

I rarely fish small creeks but using a bobber/slip float is a good tactic with underwater obstructions.

wear waders. lol. whether you plan on going in or not. Have a small assortment of baits with you so you can adjust to the river. They can change in a matter of yards. A little bait box that can fit in your pocket will do. A float setup, twister grub, small spoon, small mepps.... And PLIERS!!, you never know.

i've nailed a couple so far this year but alot more suckers than rainbows, the water is still pretty cold but theres still some good fish in there, float fishing with roe, minnow, and worms have been productive for me.

i've nailed a couple so far this year but alot more suckers than rainbows, the water is still pretty cold but theres still some good fish in there, float fishing with roe, minnow, and worms have been productive for me.

Thanks alot. I guess you gotta go at a good day. I went on saturday and the creek had barely any flow to it, and was extremely low. I guess a good rain should help it out.

Thanks again.

Archived