Wild Edibles

tmate

Today I decided to take a walk with the dog throughout the whole beaverdams area of thorold. Whether it be "the cuts" "the red barn" or "the wier" I saw everything at some point during my walk. Anyways, while I was walking through the thick forest i came across a bright green grass that grew in small dense groupings. I brought a couple plants home and planted it on the side of the house. I did a little research and found out that it was wild onion/garlic and that it is very good for your health. I threw a little bit of the sprouts in my stir fry and they were a delicious addition.

So for my main question:

Other than the basic fruits such as raspberry, strawberry, pears, and apples, and apparently garlic/onion what are some of the other edibles that people on the site like to gather and enjoy in a meal or maybe right there on the spot?

Thanks!

I've been chewing the garlic on my shed hunt TF. Check the subforum "what's for dinner" and add those garlic sprouts for us. Been trying to keep a diary so the vegan agenda can teach us how to survive without eating meat or depending on globalization.

There are a lot of good sprout starting to emerge. Some poisonous plants are safe to eat only during the sprouting stage such as pokeweed. It's a good time to watch and learn the different stages of these plants so you'll be able to identify them next year. That and you'll find some interesting smokables :P

Check out my facebook group What's that Plant? North America

Archived