Kayak Locations

spiro

Looking for some neat backwaters for the kayak.. Want to take a couple of relatives out for some fun. Lookiing to get somewhere i can catch some fish but with lots of scenery, they are coming in from out of country. Looking in the niagara region. PM me if you don't want to post a good spot for everyone

Cheers

Mike

I like to launch at Baileys Bridge in Jordan. Great scenery and good fishing too. You can paddle out to Lake Ontario and theres some good fishing around the burnt ship. Theres a nice little beach that you can paddle up on and have lunch or take a swim too. Have fun !!

I like to launch at Baileys Bridge in Jordan. Great scenery and good fishing too. You can paddle out to Lake Ontario and theres some good fishing around the burnt ship. Theres a nice little beach that you can paddle up on and have lunch or take a swim too. Have fun !!

Thanks Cheers!

16 mile Creek (Pelham/St Catharines border) is nice too. Just don't go in a North wind because paddling back to the lake is terrible. There's a small Island along the way to enjoy a picnic or pee in the bushes :P

Black Creek from the QEW to the Niagara River is a nice paddle. I usually paddle up to that inlet of Beaver Creek that you can see from the highway. Carp get trapped in there and make quite a spectacle when you paddle around.

013.jpg

The Welland River. Put in at Port Robinson at the old bridge and paddle through the huge culvert. Lots of carp on the other side and a chance at walleye once in the river.

Martindale Pond. I love to put in at the green ribbon trail and paddle upstream as far as I can. Then turn back and paddle to Tim Hortan's in Port D. A quick ice cap and back to the green ribbon trail. Lot's of bird life on this route as well as plenty of carp to see and a chance at pike.

055.JPG

Lions Creek. Put in around Stanley Ave and see how far past the QEW you can get. You can choose Tea Creek when you get to the fork but you'll have to duck when you go through the golf course.

017.JPG

For a shorter trip but scenic none the less try Frenchman's Creek or 6 Mile Creek in Fort Erie. Lot's of interesting wild and plantlife to see.

3526326493_b7315ea244.jpg

Also try point Abino. Not backwaters but very shallow and you can see the fish.

carpsplashin.jpg

Cool!

Thanks Chilli, what do you use for walleye on the welland river? I have put in at port robinson before and got bass and crappies in the spring. Didn't know the walleye went up that far. If you are looking there is a great spot at the end of wilford Rd in wainfleet. If you are going down webber, turn left on HW 24, then once you cross the train tracks after the 2X4 diner turn left. Thats wilford rd. Really cool scenery, lots of carp and largemouths. Some old train bridges etc. My friend and I paddled for 4 hours on it and still could go further.

im now part of the yak family...went out today to the "cuts" in thorold...saw a ton of carp and caught a ton of pannies and a few oos bass

I knew walleye were stocked upstream, caught a few small ones, let em all go, just never got one in port robinson. Has anyone tried the mouth of the old canal where it meets the new eather in dain city or port robinson. Always thought it would look good tried a few times but no luck

Thorold fisher, if you are looking for a partner in crime pm me for my cell phone # to txt

I was out on Martindale Pond yesterday and was surprised at the number of beaver out there. When I first saw one I thought, "that is a monster Muskrat"...then as I realized it was a beaver it gave me a splash. Not sure the total, but my guess is 4 to 5 of them are out there.

Didn't get the line that wet as I was pretty much chased off any area by the rowing traffic. Just a few pannies. I was there from 5 p.m. until about 9:00 p.m.

Mike

I am finding more and more beaver in urban setting, one has set up shop at a drainage ditch by my house. He has made quite the little pond for himself.

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...

Hi, my reply is for "Jacko" I notice your location is PortColborne but you recommend Jordon.

I am in PortColborne as well and am wondering were your favorite PortColborne spots are.

Rite now I am only using my 14ft Canoe but have been wanting to trade it for another Kayak

so keeping in mind I am in a canoe for now where's the best spots in Port, I have been mostly

been waiting for calm evenings and fishing off the beach here by my house at the end of weaver rd.

For smallmouth nothing like it you just cant get skunked even if you try,lol.

Thanks in advance

Scott

• 8 months later...

Martindale pond area near the green ribbon trail near the big Henley Island Rowing Club. I haven't been in there with a kayak but I often fish from shore and always leave with a few landed fish. Ill be posting about going there with a bunch of people who want to meet up and yak fish. There is a nice boat launch too. Only big enough for canoes and kayaks.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...