How Was Your Opener

The Ketchican Kid

I hit Rennie at 730 and on my first cast nailed a big smallie, a few minutes later i hooked into something big....after a 5 minute fight, the fish, which i thought was a huge pike, half-wrapped me around one of the large poles in the water. luckily i got him back around the pole and landed it. It ended up being a pb sheephead, probably around 6-8 lbs. What a day!!!!Pic soon i hope.

went out today and went 1-2 on largies I went to rennie around 9 am and jaycee around noon

P6250401.jpg

got this bad boy on a spinnerbait

Long time no see.. haven't been here much because really haven't had much to contribute...anyhooo.. went with Packrat and Ollie to our usual haunt on the Grand in our neck of the woods for bass opener.

Wasn't sure how it would turn out due to the rain the last 2 days, as the river was up and turned to chocolate milk and stained in areas plus a cold front moved in. I got 4 smallies myself Ollie and Packrat got about 9 between them. The catfish were in thick as well. Ollie caught two of the biggest pumpkinseeds I have ever seen coughed out of the Grand ( no pictures of that due to early morning drizzle so I left the cam in the van. Oh ya the rockbass were thick as well :)

Anyhoo here are my four :)

100_0544.jpg

Had a nice afternoon fishing with my boys. Got a couple of nice smallmouth, a nice largemouth, and a few nice rock bass including the largest rock bass I have ever seen or caught! (3rd from the right in the photo below)

Kept a few for a Fish Fry...Rock Bass were the tastiest of the lot!

14274786.jpg

44131379.jpg

Had a nice afternoon fishing with my boys. Got a couple of nice smallmouth, a nice largemouth, and a few nice rock bass including the largest rock bass I have ever seen or caught! (3rd from the right in the photo below)

14274786.jpg

44131379.jpg

That's a nice looking smallie your son got.. he will remember that forever.. not too shabby rock bass either! :worthy:

14274786.jpg

44131379.jpg

Archived