Anyone Fish Lake Huron?

Sprout

Heading up to Red Bay, just outside of Wiarton for the long weekend, family reunion. While up there I want to hit Lake Huron, anyone do any fishing up there?

Well, you are not too far from the Saugeen River. There are salmon already bellow Denny's dam as well as the odd rainbow. This area is float fishing preferred but you can cast hardware for Chinooks with no problems.

If you enjoy still fishing, then Owen Sound harbour and the Sydenham River will have fish and already do! You can bottom fish with roe or cast hardware from the “Grain Elevators” all the way up to the dam. There will be a derby going on in Oven Sound that weekend called the Oven Sound Spectacular offering tons of great prizes and lots of people win from shore!

The pier on Rankin st in Southampton is similar to fishing any of the piers around here(Port Dalhousie, Port Maitland, etc.), if you're looking for shore fishing. You'll have alot more opportunities with a boat, but as a previous poster put it, the OS Salmon Spectacular is probably on then and yeah, the shore fishing is not too bad where mentioned, though it may be a bit congested with more people during the contest. Good luck.

Dave

owen sound is on the other side of the peninsula, says its 54mins away, about 50kms, so probably won't fish there, we are going to be on the west side. I hope to be able to maybe rent a boat or something, if not we'll fish from shore where ever we can.

in mid September we are heading to Manitoulin Island to visit my sister, should be some good fishing then too. Can't wait.

Archived