Port D This Afternoon

marth11

Well since it was oh so nice out this afternoon decided to toss some spoons to see if I can get an afternoon salmon and me being me I can't catch salmon but I catch the biggest Drum of my entire life an easy double digit in weight and measured from my knees to just past my elbows and I am 6'4"

P9090475.jpg

P9090478.jpg

ah lets add a blooper shot of me trying to lift this beast

P9090476.jpg

Wow, that is the biggest fresh water drum I've ever seen. Was it a good fight? First cat's hitting spoons and now drums some thing weird is going on in good ole Lake O.

thought it was a salmon at first did an easy 50 yard run cause I was starting to see my backing and drums hit lures a lot down there.

Well since it was oh so nice out this afternoon decided to toss some spoons to see if I can get an afternoon salmon and me being me I can't catch salmon but I catch the biggest Drum of my entire life an easy double digit in weight and measured from my knees to just past my elbows and I am 6'4"

What a HUGE Drum!

Well done.

I've never caught one in my whole life.

Great way to shake the "Salmon Blues".

Thanks for the report Joey.

Fish On!

Wow, that is the biggest fresh water drum I've ever seen. Was it a good fight? First cat's hitting spoons and now drums some thing weird is going on in good ole Lake O.

Yea I was casting spoons for salmon as well and got a gobbie, and my buddy got a rock bass...lol

Big drummer there Joey , congrats ! I like the blooper shot too .... did that beast do a hard tail flip & slap the twins ? B)

oh god no thankfully, it did a tail slip while I was trying to pose for a picture

wow, thats impressive!

OMG! seriously, the other day when I read the post (think Smerch mentioned it) ... I said: "Wish there was a pic"... and thought it might be "big"

However..... that is a MONSTER!

THANK YOU for the POST (PIC) and Congrats Aaron.

I'd say its a RECORD.

*SMILES*

I went to the west pier about 9 am and it was blowing up some big waves , splashing over the pier so I went to the east side and the rollers were 6 footers and also very windy with muddy water on the lake side . I made a few doz. casts ,for notta , then grabbed a couple doz.minnows , getting a few perch , one being about 11" . I'll give a few day before another try after a few colder nights , they should start hitting .

Archived