Short Hills Fishing

YakFisher

I was there once, probably 10 years ago or so. My brother and I got a few creek chubs, and then had a nice walk through a huge patch of stinging nettles.

There is a creek that runs across the trail that heads off of Pelham rd. That one probably has stuff in it too, but I've never fished, or seen anyone fishing there.

theres good pockets of trout in those creeks for a few weeks in the spring, but the season is short and depends alot on whether or not we have a dry spring.. Also as far as i know fishing in the short hills is not allowed.. ive heard of people being ticketed and warned fishing just inside short hills of decew rd.

fishing is not illegal in short hills....

however it is illegal to go off the trails....

kinda like its not illegal to smoke if your under 19 but not legal to buy smokes...

Come on guys really? i think its called tellnoone creek for a reason... way to go. another waterway ruined by the internet

Hey i have an idea lets all go there and over fish it out there wont be any for anyone! ya then we can post the next spot! Perfect!

Hey make sure you tell everyone you know too

why not just make a big sign when you pull in?

some things are better off being secret.

thumbs up guys

Last i checked this was a fishing web site where information is shared..Short Hills has been dead for a number of years unless you like creek chub..Everyone i fish with knows about short hills.. and i fish with ALOT of people..

It USED to be great there back in the day (so my dad tells me)

Yeah it's deffinetly not a hot spot.I've been told they are in there by people but have yet to see anything other than creek chubs.Pretty sure it's to late to hurt that spot,last person I know who tried there got so many ticks on him he wouldn't go back.f.y.i

go ahead and waste your time fishing there, like it was mentioned. its not illegal to fish but you can only fish from the trail/bridge. its an excellant source of pike bait, thats about it. you wanna go bass fishing in a little creek make the walk to the bottom of decew and beat the swimmers thats an excellant spot. you wanna catch trout in a creek go to alliston, or big creek.

There used to be brookies in the Scout camp, years back. If they are still there it is because fishing is not permitted within the property as they advocate a policy of "not disturbing" nature

I've tried it multiple times and only ever caught creekchub! Not worth the time at all! BUST

You could gill net that creek for a month, and you won't find a Speck. Their famous for "used to be in there". You would need to totally protect every inch of that creek, make some "fake"natural structure and re-introduce and pray to god the water levels hold up through the dry season to even pretend to catch a Speck there. Just sayin :read:

Last year I was talking to someone filming himself fishing and he said he got 3 browns but who knows

Highly unlikely creek chubs do look like lil browns though

You could gill net that creek for a month, and you won't find a Speck. Their famous for "used to be in there". You would need to totally protect every inch of that creek, make some "fake"natural structure and re-introduce and pray to god the water levels hold up through the dry season to even pretend to catch a Speck there. Just sayin :read:

there is a main creek that allways has a decent water level

Archived