Day And Night Shore Fishing Fort Erie From Wall Near Peace Bridge

fishingtheupperzone19

Got out for a few hours last week seeking out new spots along the wall in fort erie by peace bridge.found a spot holding sheepshead and could of sworn i saw a smallmouth.I put on a plastic minnow that had a swim tail and hit a nice smallmouth .kept working grubs and minnows on dropshot and got another 2 .3 in 2 hours is not bad from shore.next day i used yum crawdads on dropshot and hit another 3 all decent fish.i went further up the wall and found a small drop off and had a feeling this would be a ideal nightfishing spot for walleye.went back a 1130pm and threw on a cleo and hit a decent walleye in the first 10 minutes and fished about an hour.crossed the border yesterday and ran into American fisherman i know and there saying they been getting walleye at the end of the breakwall path past the peace bridge at the mouth of the river on floating rapalas from shore all summer long.for the smallmouth those Yum crawdads are now one of my best weapons for smallmouth(orange on botton brown on top).i know the boaters crush them fish.this is more a report for the shore fisherman.

407472019.jpg

407471971.jpg

407471946.jpg

Even though I have my favourite places to vacation at "up north", I still say the best fishing to be had is in our own backyard.

I under estimated the upper niagara.its my favorite place to fish now.I took advice from my buddy who just slams them from shore,upper and lower.He firmly stands by put your time in.knowledge and tips from locals has helped me as well.

good job finding the Eye! I live just off Gilmore so I should give them a go.Queenston use to produce pretty well for me but too far of a drive now$$

good job finding the Eye! I live just off Gilmore so I should give them a go.Queenston use to produce pretty well for me but too far of a drive now$$

the American fisherman i just talk to yesterday said there is this asian guy that goes out every night and fishes for them all summer long at the mouth on the american side from shore and for a few hours each night and hes caught 80 or so walleye.that would be just before the fort around the fort area on the canadian side.i got that eye fairly quick on my first night targeting them.i keep hearing 4 inch rapalas are the way to go at night.that one took a glow cleo flouresent orange 15 feet from the wall

This is awesome, you just destroyed your spot!!!! Years ago here anglers would be lambasted for doing this.... it is literally a crime on other forums. Keep sharing the details, fellow anglers! Hundreds of lurkers, littering mouth-breathers and meat fisherman thank you!

Been watching a certain TV fisherman fish our local waterways the past few weeks and pondering the damage such shows do to a "fishing hole" and the anglers who have for years nurtured these spots, shared the info on a personal basis with fellow anglers they respect, trust, admire....
It really gets my goat that on forums like this some use discretion when identifying spots we fish be it verbally or with pictures and that said, many of us are tight lipped or Adobe our pics to make sure hordes of morons do dscend and destroy our spots with litter, overfishing, out-of-season fishing etc etc....
we have all seen newbies lambasted on forums where they "spill the beans". I used to chuckle at Adobed pics blurred to hide landmarks and backgrounds, now I salute them.
so why is it ok for certain fishing show hosts feel they can come to Niagara and basically give away the cookie jar to every caveman who goes online or watches their show? why is it ok for them to sickening give away everything to increase web traffic, television viewership... to make money? And do not tell me it is done because "they are nice guys". Why are they immune to any negative blowback from anglers?
Do we ever see them picking up garbage along the shoreline? Hauling shopping carts out of waterways? Donating to local fisheries programmes? Educating about poor municipal planning that hurts our waterways? Raising issues that threaten our local fisheries?
It's always the same. Happy music, smiles and a giveaway of the keys to the family vault that once held all the information that took us all years to collect and decipher.
I find it to be a sick betrayal to anglers who work hard all week and then want to fish a spot they worked years at getting to know without wading thru a ton of garbage and watching a mixed bag of mouth-breathers milk a good spot dry.
I do not own any local spots, in my heart I have a kind of ownership, stewardship, and when I see this betrayal, this flagrant misuse of the media to make a profit my stomach rolls. I am now at the point where I will be having frank, calm words with certain individuals on the water on how I feel about this subject. I have seen two Niagara spots destroyed because they are now all over the net.
If I want to share a spot with someone and the techniques involved in fishing that spot I will do it on my terms and I will not be doing it to make a profit. It has taken me close to 35 years to finally get to a point where I am comfortable in all seasons at many of our wonderful fishing holes.
I think the day is dawning where anglers province-wide are waking up to the damage done by these television/web shows. I do not see these people as "stars". Far from it. In my eyes they are a negative force to everything we hold dear, to our values as seasoned, educated anglers.
I have about had it and will be using "the new media" to further make my points and views known.

Sure, this guy wanted to honestly share his techniques and successes, nice, but my god in this day and age of the social media it is a death kiss to our favourite fishing haunts.

Jitterbob, i understand why your upset, but i think your going about it in the wrong way. first of all.. its the niagara river.. is it really a secret? secondly, this forum is not like the others if you couldnt tell. its a smaller scaled forum focused on aiding fellow anglers in there fish knowledge,learn the regs,learn different watterways in the niagara region, learn new techniques ect.

this guy in no way deserves to be bashed for his otherwise great informative post. i dont quite understand why your on a forum when it seems you dont agree with what is allowed on here.

as for the media, welcome to the new world. its not like hes posting pictures of a heavily pressured stream in the area with him and 12 inch brookies, hes posting helpful information on fish that are abundant in the area.

i honestly do respect your enthusiasm of conservation and on being tight lipped of your fishing experiences, it just goes against what i believe in when it comes to the great sport/hobby of fishing.

if you wish to reply, its greatly appreciated you pm me rather then de-rail this thread further.

How can you say it is a smaller scaled forum when someone posts a spot that a lot of people haven't heard of there are 100's of hits. I know of most of the spots but don't broadcast them. Most of them are not my type of fishing but why ruin it for the people that use them.

Jitterbob ...I think it's inevitable that the WWW. will show every nook and cranny on this planet . Looking ahead in the years to come we will have web sites about fishing that will have thousands of GPS way points to pinpoint every lake , river or pond location , what species to catch , and all the other info on baits & techniques . Imagine clicking on a map of a lake in Gogama and finding all the info. to catch fish . Eventually we may need to use barbless hooks & cut limits drastically. Look at all the technology we use today to locate and catch fish .

fishingtheupperzone ......nice eye & smallies . The river & L.Erie have a lot of BIG bass & walleye and plenty of bait fish to sustain them (including gobies) . The only time I fish there at night is when the smelts are running . Daytime fishing is productive enough to make my day . :Gonefishing:

This is awesome, you just destroyed your spot!!!! Years ago here anglers would be lambasted for doing this.... it is literally a crime on other forums. Keep sharing the details, fellow anglers! Hundreds of lurkers, littering mouth-breathers and meat fisherman thank you!

Been watching a certain TV fisherman fish our local waterways the past few weeks and pondering the damage such shows do to a "fishing hole" and the anglers who have for years nurtured these spots, shared the info on a personal basis with fellow anglers they respect, trust, admire....

It really gets my goat that on forums like this some use discretion when identifying spots we fish be it verbally or with pictures and that said, many of us are tight lipped or Adobe our pics to make sure hordes of morons do dscend and destroy our spots with litter, overfishing, out-of-season fishing etc etc....

we have all seen newbies lambasted on forums where they "spill the beans". I used to chuckle at Adobed pics blurred to hide landmarks and backgrounds, now I salute them.

so why is it ok for certain fishing show hosts feel they can come to Niagara and basically give away the cookie jar to every caveman who goes online or watches their show? why is it ok for them to sickening give away everything to increase web traffic, television viewership... to make money? And do not tell me it is done because "they are nice guys". Why are they immune to any negative blowback from anglers?

Do we ever see them picking up garbage along the shoreline? Hauling shopping carts out of waterways? Donating to local fisheries programmes? Educating about poor municipal planning that hurts our waterways? Raising issues that threaten our local fisheries?

It's always the same. Happy music, smiles and a giveaway of the keys to the family vault that once held all the information that took us all years to collect and decipher.

I find it to be a sick betrayal to anglers who work hard all week and then want to fish a spot they worked years at getting to know without wading thru a ton of garbage and watching a mixed bag of mouth-breathers milk a good spot dry.

I do not own any local spots, in my heart I have a kind of ownership, stewardship, and when I see this betrayal, this flagrant misuse of the media to make a profit my stomach rolls. I am now at the point where I will be having frank, calm words with certain individuals on the water on how I feel about this subject. I have seen two Niagara spots destroyed because they are now all over the net.

If I want to share a spot with someone and the techniques involved in fishing that spot I will do it on my terms and I will not be doing it to make a profit. It has taken me close to 35 years to finally get to a point where I am comfortable in all seasons at many of our wonderful fishing holes.

I think the day is dawning where anglers province-wide are waking up to the damage done by these television/web shows. I do not see these people as "stars". Far from it. In my eyes they are a negative force to everything we hold dear, to our values as seasoned, educated anglers.

I have about had it and will be using "the new media" to further make my points and views known.

Sure, this guy wanted to honestly share his techniques and successes, nice, but my god in this day and age of the social media it is a death kiss to our favourite fishing haunts.

yeah i gave a spot that is near a walk path where hundreds of people walk by me and with a busy roadway and was approached by a man that talked as he was a fisherman while landing a fish.wow i gave away such a secret spot.If you would actually take the time to read my topic i clearly did not pin point the location i was fishing.and for the American side they are open about fishing spots there.ive been told there is no secrets in that area.

i dont look at spots as my spot or our spots ,i look at it as our country which is free .and i freely walked out of my door and took the time to find a area where no one told me about. so if i want to share a spot that producing a few fish i will freely share it with who i want being i went and found it

i understand what your getting at but when i put my hard effort in to fish .there will be no one to tell me what i can and cant do as far as spots that are producing that i find.it was my effort not yours.when some one gives me a spot and tells me not to say to anyone else than i dont share out of respect.but that hasnt happend in years so there is no secrets around where i fish.and ive been approached by more out of towners than locals.

you come down on me a give me this story about people destroying spots.go take your story and go to the canadian government or the MNR if your so concerned.there is set limits and rules and regulations.i pay for a license like everyone else so is it my fault that areas are not enforced to get violators.

what next you gonna go tell the guides to stop guiding.you gonna tell boaters not to talk if using fish finders.you gonna tell people not to use the internet to find info on locations.you gonna tell lakes north to stop advertising lakes for trips.and your crying to me about one spot on a high traffic area and a place where there is no secrets or places to hide.

Im sorry i dont go by words like Greed

Jitterbob, i understand why your upset, but i think your going about it in the wrong way. first of all.. its the niagara river.. is it really a secret? secondly, this forum is not like the others if you couldnt tell. its a smaller scaled forum focused on aiding fellow anglers in there fish knowledge,learn the regs,learn different watterways in the niagara region, learn new techniques ect.

this guy in no way deserves to be bashed for his otherwise great informative post. i dont quite understand why your on a forum when it seems you dont agree with what is allowed on here.

as for the media, welcome to the new world. its not like hes posting pictures of a heavily pressured stream in the area with him and 12 inch brookies, hes posting helpful information on fish that are abundant in the area.

i honestly do respect your enthusiasm of conservation and on being tight lipped of your fishing experiences, it just goes against what i believe in when it comes to the great sport/hobby of fishing.

if you wish to reply, its greatly appreciated you pm me rather then de-rail this thread further.

All is i got to say is well said Jordan.obviously you know the area.for years ive heard Walleye bass near peace bridge.being that it is well known to anglers. i figured it was a useful report opposed to a give away.theres no secret there being ive heard for to long about the bass and walleye in those areas.its not like i was slamming fish after fish.i had to work at it to catch them.spent a good time working different spots till i found them.i see you got the salmon.

Nice catch man and thanks its appreciated. Maybe this should be some old boring website with no informative information is shared as well. Like explaining techniques as well...really same thing. Secret spot....really? I have a few secret spots as well....but you have to be able to whack bush for 3 miles, not drive to a spot and car fish. Those are secret spots. I agree with fishingtheupperzone19....its 2013 and some people still are stuck in the stone age. You have no control over fishing spots. exactly what he said....guides, charters, tv shows, all come in to play....as does google earth. Maybe this should be a site with no sharing, no information, no techniques, insults for posting something not up to your standards, and boring old snooze fest. Go fish man......theres lots of places out there...explore, I have tons of places and most are not secret little honey holes.

Jitterbob ...I think it's inevitable that the WWW. will show every nook and cranny on this planet . Looking ahead in the years to come we will have web sites about fishing that will have thousands of GPS way points to pinpoint every lake , river or pond location , what species to catch , and all the other info on baits & techniques . Imagine clicking on a map of a lake in Gogama and finding all the info. to catch fish . Eventually we may need to use barbless hooks & cut limits drastically. Look at all the technology we use today to locate and catch fish .

fishingtheupperzone ......nice eye & smallies . The river & L.Erie have a lot of BIG bass & walleye and plenty of bait fish to sustain them (including gobies) . The only time I fish there at night is when the smelts are running . Daytime fishing is productive enough to make my day . :Gonefishing:

Glad you like the pics.im enjoying your pics and topics.

My goodness. Here we go again? Enough already if you don't like good people sharing then I suggest you find a forum where you get slapped for posting pics and info. This ones not for you. This site is a family fishing site where we share photos and spots if we see fit. That's it that's all. Try another negative comment ill gladly help you find the door

Nice catch man and thanks its appreciated. Maybe this should be some old boring website with no informative information is shared as well. Like explaining techniques as well...really same thing. Secret spot....really? I have a few secret spots as well....but you have to be able to whack bush for 3 miles, not drive to a spot and car fish. Those are secret spots. I agree with fishingtheupperzone19....its 2013 and some people still are stuck in the stone age. You have no control over fishing spots. exactly what he said....guides, charters, tv shows, all come in to play....as does google earth. Maybe this should be a site with no sharing, no information, no techniques, insults for posting something not up to your standards, and boring old snooze fest. Go fish man......theres lots of places out there...explore, I have tons of places and most are not secret little honey holes.

What you say about a secret spot like being out in remote areas like in the bush is exactly my idea of where a secret spot would be.but close to a road and a bike path where everyone could see me is not my idea where i could keep a secret.in one pic you can clearly see the bike path.Glad you like the pics.

What you say about a secret spot like being out in remote areas like in the bush is exactly my idea of where a secret spot would be.but close to a road and a bike path where everyone could see me is not my idea where i could keep a secret.in one pic you can clearly see the bike path.Glad you like the pics.

. Thank you for posting those awesome pics. I love your positive informative post. Keep them comming my friend

. Thank you for posting those awesome pics. I love your positive informative post. Keep them comming my friend

Glad you like the pics and the info for the community.im no longer going to respond to ones that have a problem with them.im all for sharing with a community for fisherman.i do have spots and spots that other anglers want me to keep silent and do respect that.and im not here to be negative but only to be positive.i will keep them coming.cheers

When smoke signals were invented, well, that ruined the fishing.

Then the telegraph came along, and that was the end of any good fishing.

Everybody started buying Ford's invention, and that really spelled the end of good fishing.

Newspapers started springing up across the land, there went the fishing.

Bell started up his stupid telephone system, and that ruined the fishing.

Then mobile phones came along, and that just killed all the fishing.

And now we have websites destroying all the fishing!

And yet... anybody with a license and two brain cells to rub together can still catch fish... odd.

When smoke signals were invented, well, that ruined the fishing.

Then the telegraph came along, and that was the end of any good fishing.

Everybody started buying Ford's invention, and that really spelled the end of good fishing.

Newspapers started springing up across the land, there went the fishing.

Bell started up his stupid telephone system, and that ruined the fishing.

Then mobile phones came along, and that just killed all the fishing.

And now we have websites destroying all the fishing!

And yet... anybody with a license and two brain cells to rub together can still catch fish... odd.

Good analogy lol .......I remember when the first fish finder graphs came out .We would study the paper after & show others all the fish marks & depths of the lake near Wawashkesh . The lake trout soon disappeared from that small lake . The main purpose of new technology is to catch more fish and to use satellites (gps) to record & remember exact locations .And it will only get better each year . I'm a lot older now .....down to one brain cell ......and no license ....... :crazy:

Archived