Day And Night Shore Fishing Fort Erie From Wall Near Peace Bridge

fishingtheupperzone19

just saw a video of that exact spot posted yesterday on a site on facebook.so the ones that know that area know what site im talking about.maybe it was a secret half a century ago.LoL

Lots of room to fish if you have waders (which are a good investment.....especially up in Pembroke area).

seen those videos they are good .i learned how to tie a proper dropshot rig from those videos.he one of my favorite fisherman in the niagara area.local legend

Lol sounds like the whistle was blown on Jitterbob's favorite spot. Everybody knows about Ft. Eerie. Awesome catches Zone19.

.i forgot to mention i have a conservation license.glad you like the pics.i released them so others can slam them.LoL

Fishing the wall under the Peace Bridge isn't all that easy. First of all there is the 15 mph current, so bait doesn't tend to stay in position. Also it's full of rocks, so there are a lot of snags. Scouting out locations that are deeper is also required or you have to make long casts. I've seen many show up there and last about 15 minutes after they just lost their two $7.00 cleos. This area is never crowded with anglers and never will be. You have to work at it there. But for the few who have the patience to figure it out and are willing to re-tie often, results can be rewarding.

I enjoyed the original post... keep the pictures coming.

This is awesome, you just destroyed your spot!!!! Years ago here anglers would be lambasted for doing this.... it is literally a crime on other forums. Keep sharing the details, fellow anglers! Hundreds of lurkers, littering mouth-breathers and meat fisherman thank you!

Been watching a certain TV fisherman fish our local waterways the past few weeks and pondering the damage such shows do to a "fishing hole" and the anglers who have for years nurtured these spots, shared the info on a personal basis with fellow anglers they respect, trust, admire....
It really gets my goat that on forums like this some use discretion when identifying spots we fish be it verbally or with pictures and that said, many of us are tight lipped or Adobe our pics to make sure hordes of morons do dscend and destroy our spots with litter, overfishing, out-of-season fishing etc etc....
we have all seen newbies lambasted on forums where they "spill the beans". I used to chuckle at Adobed pics blurred to hide landmarks and backgrounds, now I salute them.
so why is it ok for certain fishing show hosts feel they can come to Niagara and basically give away the cookie jar to every caveman who goes online or watches their show? why is it ok for them to sickening give away everything to increase web traffic, television viewership... to make money? And do not tell me it is done because "they are nice guys". Why are they immune to any negative blowback from anglers?
Do we ever see them picking up garbage along the shoreline? Hauling shopping carts out of waterways? Donating to local fisheries programmes? Educating about poor municipal planning that hurts our waterways? Raising issues that threaten our local fisheries?
It's always the same. Happy music, smiles and a giveaway of the keys to the family vault that once held all the information that took us all years to collect and decipher.
I find it to be a sick betrayal to anglers who work hard all week and then want to fish a spot they worked years at getting to know without wading thru a ton of garbage and watching a mixed bag of mouth-breathers milk a good spot dry.
I do not own any local spots, in my heart I have a kind of ownership, stewardship, and when I see this betrayal, this flagrant misuse of the media to make a profit my stomach rolls. I am now at the point where I will be having frank, calm words with certain individuals on the water on how I feel about this subject. I have seen two Niagara spots destroyed because they are now all over the net.
If I want to share a spot with someone and the techniques involved in fishing that spot I will do it on my terms and I will not be doing it to make a profit. It has taken me close to 35 years to finally get to a point where I am comfortable in all seasons at many of our wonderful fishing holes.
I think the day is dawning where anglers province-wide are waking up to the damage done by these television/web shows. I do not see these people as "stars". Far from it. In my eyes they are a negative force to everything we hold dear, to our values as seasoned, educated anglers.
I have about had it and will be using "the new media" to further make my points and views known.

Sure, this guy wanted to honestly share his techniques and successes, nice, but my god in this day and age of the social media it is a death kiss to our favourite fishing haunts.

5557182640_b789c3bc71_z.jpg

Jitterbob ...I think it's inevitable that the WWW. will show every nook and cranny on this planet . Looking ahead in the years to come we will have web sites about fishing that will have thousands of GPS way points to pinpoint every lake , river or pond location , what species to catch , and all the other info on baits & techniques . Imagine clicking on a map of a lake in Gogama and finding all the info. to catch fish . Eventually we may need to use barbless hooks & cut limits drastically. Look at all the technology we use today to locate and catch fish .

fishingtheupperzone ......nice eye & smallies . The river & L.Erie have a lot of BIG bass & walleye and plenty of bait fish to sustain them (including gobies) . The only time I fish there at night is when the smelts are running . Daytime fishing is productive enough to make my day . :Gonefishing:

We already have this Web site, provided by the MNR

Not refined enough for locating exact spots like gps way points yet Dude . I'm waiting for an ice fish finder that does all that , plus shows the fish below the ice BEFORE I drill a hole ! ahahaha

,,,,,or do they sell that one now ?......

I love it, right in my back yard, keep the reports coming, I love competing for the biggest fish. I don't shy away from telling ppl where I went and how it went. I have been landing monster Eye's all year from my boat at the mouth of the river while everyone else is in the middle of the lake I hit them in 30 fow, wtg and thanks for helping keep the local comunity alive here

I love it, right in my back yard, keep the reports coming, I love competing for the biggest fish. I don't shy away from telling ppl where I went and how it went. I have been landing monster Eye's all year from my boat at the mouth of the river while everyone else is in the middle of the lake I hit them in 30 fow, wtg and thanks for helping keep the local comunity alive here

Ya,buy something before you leave,lol.

depend on what people use that fish there, these guys might bite and give you a good fight.got my personal best sheephead there.hope this pic dont cause a traffic jam on the parkway of people trying to get to the unknown wall.LoL

407502271.jpg

I had one on in nippissing....caught a glimps of flash near the side of the boat and thinking wow....huge bass. Thing fought like mad...then when I pulled it out my wife said wow look at the size of that bass.......NOT.....LOL huge drum...lol

Archived