Too Cold?

Fresh Fish

They should start getting aggressive. Try spinnerbaits or other "search" baits. Tubes and dropshots will work, but find fish first with "power fishing techniques" and then slow down when they stop hitting the fast stuff. Plus, who doesn't love when a 4lb smallie straightens out a spinnerbait.

They should hit in the river until almost November with pretty good consistency. The big ol' girls will be out in the lake if you are hunting trophies!

The upper is loaded with bass. 4 plus pounds are common these past few weeks. Start in 8-10 FOW and move out from there. Like big dog said though the big girls will be getting their feed bag on real soon in the lake.

WOO ! wonderful forum and great people! thanks a lot for help! :wub::worthy:

The upper is a great place to fish hot or cold there's always something to catch. Search upper here and you can see musky, trout, bass, perch, sheepshead. Year round fishery

Fish it until the season ends. Might have to slow it down a bit towards the end of the season. When the season ends on the lake it is sometimes still ridicilously "on". That is when I fish the US side if I can pull myself from the skis on the Upper. October is a wonderful time on the Upper. The fish I'm on right now are deep so I'm fishing a lot of plastic, but I still hit shallow water with cranks and spinnerbaits and topwaters just to change it up a bit. Good luck.

Fish it until the season ends. Might have to slow it down a bit towards the end of the season. When the season ends on the lake it is sometimes still ridicilously "on". That is when I fish the US side if I can pull myself from the skis on the Upper. October is a wonderful time on the Upper. The fish I'm on right now are deep so I'm fishing a lot of plastic, but I still hit shallow water with cranks and spinnerbaits and topwaters just to change it up a bit. Good luck.

:thx: when u say deep, does it mean 20 FOW?

Yes. Our shallow fish we have been targeting lately have not been overly aggressive. We can see them actually. At these times we always seek out deeper fish that may be more aggressive. We often return to the shallower fish to see if they have decided to be more aggressive. My son and I are fishing 20 to 30 feet of water on the upper and are doing very well. Certain drifts hold fish consistently and we are targeting those fish. We'll do several drifts and catch a dozen or so fish. That being said, we also have 14-16 foot drifts that hold fish, but we have had outstanding luck fishing deep lately. Deep is not just a "fall" thing whether it be on the lake or river. I'm actually fishing 35-40 feet of water on the upper and some tributaries right now targeting smallies feeding on pods of baitfish-that bite has been on all summer. Good luck!

Yes. Our shallow fish we have been targeting lately have not been overly aggressive. We can see them actually. At these times we always seek out deeper fish that may be more aggressive. We often return to the shallower fish to see if they have decided to be more aggressive. My son and I are fishing 20 to 30 feet of water on the upper and are doing very well. Certain drifts hold fish consistently and we are targeting those fish. We'll do several drifts and catch a dozen or so fish. That being said, we also have 14-16 foot drifts that hold fish, but we have had outstanding luck fishing deep lately. Deep is not just a "fall" thing whether it be on the lake or river. I'm actually fishing 35-40 feet of water on the upper and some tributaries right now targeting smallies feeding on pods of baitfish-that bite has been on all summer. Good luck!

Thank you very much Pauly!

Will try tomorrow.

Archived