Faywell Road

gtgf

definitely not. OPG/region guys hassled me a few years back just for pulling over and looking at it, no fishing gear in hand. you can try to get away with it on a weekend if well hidden, but if the police show up you are probably getting a fine.

I just looked at the road on google maps and I do not see a no fishing sign or anything of such so I cant see the police fining you but if they don't want you on it I guess find another spot

there is a no trespassing sign on the tree before you turn down the road...that was kindly pointed out to me by the employee haha. make no mistake about it, it is unfishable legally. you may see people out there, but most of them know the consequences. fish at your own risk.

That lake is the only place I have fallen through the ice ....could have easily drowned there . If you zoom in on Google maps , 4 clicks down from full zoom , you can see the ice and the open water where the current flows . I fell in about 50 meters to the left of the water shoot on the far right corner . This lake is part of our water supply ,owned by the Water Works Commission . It is posted for the same reasons the St.Lawrence Seaway keeps people from fishing the Welland Ship canal ....liability . Lake Moodie , on the south side of Decew Rd. is also posted now as well .

i ice fished it last winter. caught lots of perch off to the right of the bridge.also had a pike. it was however short lived as nrp showed up and kindly demanded i leave the ice immediatly. no fine though just a stern warning. the perch fishing was great for those two hours though

Moodie never treated me well.

heard great stories of muskie off of faywell ..

fished it a few times in summer and zero.

With how well it is signed .... there wont be a nice ending

i still brave it here and there...usually the region guys give ya the boot but I have heard of fines given out too. Its illegal but so is basically anywhere in Thorold...

There are no trespassing and no parking signs all along faywell road and around the smaller reservoir properties around there, I stopped next to the little bridge once just to look around and snap a pic of the pond for a few minutes a couple years ago and had the OPG guys come and photograph my licence plate, point out all the signs, tell me to leave and warn me that if my vehicle was seen parked there and I was caught fishing(even though I had no fishing gear with me)/trespassing, the police would be called and I would get fined. The signs dont stop anyone that really want to fish there, and don't care about following posted rules, or anywhere else similarly marked/fenced for that matter. Because I do see and hear of people doing it there and elsewhere.

People that don't like to follow those sorts of rules are most likely the same people that have no gripes about leaving their garbage all over the place or damaging property either.

like I said, its illegal...stay away from the channel if you go..basically runs under the bridge and then along that shore line..Other than that there should be an easy 12". Fair warning that you might get fined for trespassing if you go. Such a shame...

There are no trespassing and no parking signs all along faywell road and around the smaller reservoir properties around there, I stopped next to the little bridge once just to look around and snap a pic of the pond for a few minutes a couple years ago and had the OPG guys come and photograph my licence plate, point out all the signs, tell me to leave and warn me that if my vehicle was seen parked there and I was caught fishing(even though I had no fishing gear with me)/trespassing, the police would be called and I would get fined. The signs dont stop anyone that really want to fish there, and don't care about following posted rules, or anywhere else similarly marked/fenced for that matter. Because I do see and hear of people doing it there and elsewhere.

People that don't like to follow those sorts of rules are most likely the same people that have no gripes about leaving their garbage all over the place or damaging property either.

pretty bold statement i'd say...great to make assumptions

Ive seen the signs, i know they definately dont want ice fishing anywhere on that system but everyone seems to shore fish it as long as your not disturbing the sediment, in a boat, littering or doing anything stupid they dont seem to bother you. Seems to be kinda an unwritten rule. Tons off hammer handles tho, prob would be fun ice fishing. Did see a few guys in a 14' aluminum in there last year chucking musky lures. Seen a few skis in there but there are better local spots than there. Talked to an older guy that said it used to be just skis in there and no pike and it was quite good back then.

Archived