Fishing Related Dog Names

smashin_em3

Hey NFN my girlfriend and I are getting a puppy and we are looking to name him something fishing related. We are very excited, so I am looking for input and suggestions from everyone on the forum. Feel free to make a suggestion or 2 or as many as you like. When I see that no one is leaving anymore suggestions, we will go through them all and pick the one we like best, and I will post to let everyone know our decision.

Thanks a lot fellow anglers this will help a great deal, im looking forward to seeing everyone's suggestions! Post away!

Much of naming a dog can center on it's looks or personality. Naming it after a product line may create some confusion every time the word Shimano or Quantum turned up in a fishing conversation.

Fishing related names... "Fly" , "Fishbone", "Noodle". "Pikie", "Walter", "Chum", "Minnow",

How about Smerch ?? B) It means half smelt & half perch ! lol

So the pup is a male ........maybe tell us the breed or size of the dog when full grown .

These questions can fry a brain you know .......We had a thread like this about naming a baby a fish related name . I kind of like the name "Fisher" ....... :)

Good point. Never thought about that.

I love my dogs. Aim for a name that the dog will always know is his, and recognize immediately. It makes command and control that much easier.

He is a German Shepard/ Australian Shepard mix. Father is about 90 lbs and mother just over 60 lbs so he will be a pretty big dog. Hes also the biggest pup in the litter.

I vote for ... "Warden" ... should turn a few heads :roflblack:

When I got my first Staffordshire Terrier at 10 weeks old , he liked to " dig "....on the couch ,rug , etc. , so the kids called him "Digger" . That name stuck for the next 13 yrs. ! As bigugli said a name should easily catch the dogs attention . My boxer/pug mix is called Rex .....very short but the Rrrrrrex get's his attention . I also had a dog called Ralph & a big Rottie called Kato .......all names that grab the dog's attention .

here's a few hundred names which have meanings to ponder over........... :read:

http://seedogpictures.com/male-dog-names-with-meanings-male-dog-names/

How about you call him "red" as in THE RED FISHER.Few names are more fishing related then this and it's a good name to train with as he won't hear it everywhere.

Or CRUCIAL as in shimano.crucial rods

Hey NFN my girlfriend and I are getting a puppy and we are looking to name him something fishing related. We are very excited, so I am looking for input and suggestions from everyone on the forum. Feel free to make a suggestion or 2 or as many as you like. When I see that no one is leaving anymore suggestions, we will go through them all and pick the one we like best, and I will post to let everyone know our decision.

Thanks a lot fellow anglers this will help a great deal, im looking forward to seeing everyone's suggestions! Post away!A

A new dog will become part of your family. There is no rush to pick a name. You should pick a name that you and your girlfriend like. Don't use a name someone else picked as you might be sorry down the line. Congrats and good luck.

Archived