Laker Weekend

steve bellows

Just for future reference...but you might wanna keep the cans of Budweiser out of your photos..probably not great for advertising your activities! (drinking and boating/fishing )...save it for the shore or home..(you guys didn't happen to lose a wheel off your trailer Sat. morning did you?..boat looks familiar)..lol..

ya i read ur smart ass coments in the other post, the wheel bearing broke. guick $50 fix. we didnt notice it so thanks for letting us know.

maybe karma led to great fishing all weekend..

starting stories about ramp etiquette and 100 km an hour entrances, grow up, dont exaggerate

dave i only made it out saturday, most pics with gopro, i have video but need to upload still.

i was there on sat. aswell....who ever was driving was WAS WAY OUT OF LINE!!!!...thats the bottom line...if a somebody was walking across the parking lot or heaven forbid a kid...there's no way they would have been able to stop with that size of boat especially cause it was still dark....and in my opinion thats too fast...its a parking lot/boat ramp not a hwy...you know why the wheel bearing blew...CAUSE YOU WERE GOING TO FAST...pretty bad when 7 guys in three different boats at the ramp all stand up and wonder what all the creaking and banging peeling into the ramp at atleast 55km with a 25 foot boat on the back....just too lose a tire and bounce off somebodys boat to end up in the water....sure 100km might be exaggerating but even going over 10-15 kms is pushing it with a boat that size...and then to post pics with beer cans on board....brillant decision!!! lol....it's funny cause the guys working the ramp wanted to know if it was the "kid or the dad" as they knew who they were and they have had reports last year of the same boat/truck driving to fast..they figured it was the kid....and looking at the photos..i'm pretty sure they were right...and IT IS ramp etiquette..have some respect and slow down...no one needs a tragic accident when all we want to do is go fishing....brutal!!! P.S. i see that the one photo that the beer cans were in is gone...good decision as i'm sure cliff and his website doesn't promote drinking and boating..

I've never bitched about anything or anyone on this site before...but when peoples safety is at risk cause of a bunch of idiots want to drink and drive..and drive carelessly through a parking lot with people in it...I'll be sure to speak up about it...as would many others..

we all know this is a fishing site...but when you act like you did and post pictures of beer cans out on the water and begin the day by almost killing someone and damaging someones boat..something had to be said...what would have happenned if it was your boat that got hit or like i said one of your family members that got hurt cause of stupidity...how would you feel...would you say something...probably!....if you want to call it bitchin then go ahead....

get over it super member , get a life this is a fishing site not a bitching site . 284 feet was between jordan and bronte where rainbows have been this time of year chasing bait in the top 15 feet . water was 40 degrees there and 37 degrees most of the way out , lakers were all caught going in and out of blue water to green water from canal to jordan 5 feet off bottom

Sweet thank you very much, I'm still learning to fish the big lake:)

in case you didnt notice this is a fishing charter boat that catches lots of fish , people come on boat with their own food and beverages just like a limo . i dont drink and drive . most guys come to relax catch fish and make jokes of girlfriends ,mother in laws and morons like you with no life .95 % of guys do like a beer when on a charter ,including police officers and custom officers , sorry i dont take out bitches. i will only respond to fishing questions for now on .

I think you should read the laws about having alcohol on board! (this isn't Quebec)...(oh..I forgot..you fish with police officers and customs officers..which makes it o.k..lol)..and I wouldn't have even mentioned the beers in your photos if I didn't realize it was the same idiots from the ramp..

Well i guess the moral of the story is safety first. Now lets get back to fishing boys. Temp is spose to climb a bit so lets hit the water on this long weekend!! Gonna take full advantage of the four day wknd and hopefully boat a king.... it may still be early but hey ya gotta stay positive!

Here is the law regarding use of alcohol on a boat in Ontario..

As sent to me by an officer who is a member here..

It is a criminal offence to operate a pleasure craft under the influence of alcohol, drugs or other controlled substances. In Ontario, boats can carry alcohol only if they have permanent washroom facilities, kitchen facilities and sleeping accommodations. The alcohol can only be consumed when anchored, moored or berthed (not underway).

This will remove any doubt anyone has..

Please be a responsible boater and fisherman and always follow the laws.

Thanks.. Cliff

I just hope you have all your paperwork as far as certification goes to operate as a charter....i'm sure the coast guard does too...all anybody asks is that people respect the etiquette at the ramp and slow down...thats all...and if anybody is interested in going out with steve bellows and trophyfish charters(atleast thats what the side of the boat kinda says)...better hurry as i'm sure they won't be around long...judging by steve's attitude....good luck

Steve, quite the potty mouth for a new member..... We have kids that use this site and we are family oriented. Should you not be able to control your verbiage I will takes steps to control it.

Understand?

G.

Archived