Toonie Catfish Slam

bigugli

Judging from all the positive feedback we got on our last friendly outing, I thought we should have another go. For NFN, family and friends.

The targets are coarse fish: Cats, Carp, Drum, Bowfin.

Date: Sunday May 18th 8am to 1 pm.

Location yet to be determined. Shore and boat.

Heaviest fish. Adult pot, Child pot.

Here is the twist. Was thinking about having a cookout near the end. How many would be interested in partaking and sharing the costs. Was thinking simple, like dogs and burgs.

This is a fun event, meant to get old and new members of NFN together, and is not to be taken seriously. Although the event is put on by NFN members, it is not an event hosted by NFN. Those participating do so at their own discretion. All laws and regulations must be obeyed. Participants also agree to hold harmless the organizers, donors, participants, and NFN from all liability

That's the May 24 weekend, I'll be at the Bay of Quinte for that.

I realize it's the Long weekend, but it was the only weekend I had with an opening until Father's Day. Next week is Mother's day. After the long weekend I have a fishing show in Windsor. After that I'm at Biscotasing.

That's the May 24 weekend, I'll be at the Bay of Quinte for that.

If you are in the area drop in at Mohawk Bay Park , lot 43 . If you launch at the public ramp in Deseronto , we are only 3 min. east of there .

I realize it's the Long weekend, but it was the only weekend I had with an opening until Father's Day. Next week is Mother's day. After the long weekend I have a fishing show in Windsor. After that I'm at Biscotasing.

I miss Biscotasing!Awesome walleye n pike fishing!Amazing scenery and all kinds of wildlife

Will be in Westree in July!

I miss Biscotasing!Awesome walleye n pike fishing!Amazing scenery and all kinds of wildlife

Will be in Westree in July!

My bud & friends have a cottage in Westree ....lots of good fishing lakes in the area . You can hop a train & get off there & walk 100 meters to the cottage . Try the lake right beside the train tracks ( Duchabani) . They stocked it with eyes about 6 years and they should be a good size now.....lots of big pike there also .

As there has only been interest from 3 other members for this one, we'll have to cancel it.

However, if you want to experience a different format, CAG has their annual spring carp-in at the Burlington skyway.

http://www.niagarafishing.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=30568

I have participated in the past few and they are fun. Another great opportunity to meet fellow anglers and learn new techniques

My bud & friends have a cottage in Westree ....lots of good fishing lakes in the area . You can hop a train & get off there & walk 100 meters to the cottage . Try the lake right beside the train tracks ( Duchabani) . They stocked it with eyes about 6 years and they should be a good size now.....lots of big pike there also .

I ice fished that lake years ago for pike,did really well actually!Access to that lake is tricky from what I remember but if possible I'll check it out for sure!

I ice fished that lake years ago for pike,did really well actually!Access to that lake is tricky from what I remember but if possible I'll check it out for sure!

I'm pretty sure there is no public launch on Duchabani Larry.

Hi Guys,

we are looking forward to participating in the Toonie Catfish Slam.

My wife is going to put her new fishing licence to use for the first time :-)

However I have never targeted Catfish before.

So that being said I plan on stopping in to my local tackle store to pick up a few things. Can you suggest some of the items I should be buying ?

Also maybe a few techniques on how to fish them ?

Looking forward to another great day,

Thanks
Cam

Cam, I like to use this setup, I find it works for Carp and Catfish... On your line put a Egg sinker, then a bead. then tie it to a Barrel Swivel, then tie on about 1 - 2 feet of line to the other end of the swivel, then attach a hook size 8-10...

Add worms or corn...

Like this... give or take on the type of tackle..

http://www.premier-fishing-tips.com/bullhead-catfish-fishing-tips.html

Archived