A Good Weekend.

emenius

After an early start to Saturday which turned a hectic trip to the local landfill in to a tank of gas and a dozen worms. I was off to fill a bucket of minnows at a great spot with ample parking and even bathrooms, so as usual quick in and out with some small talk among anglers back on the road for some unknown adventure.

After what seemed like eternity I finally found a spot that felt right and after all was the least crowded of my hiding spots. Surveying the crowd I managed a nice spot to sit in the shade and enjoy the weather, first couple casts seemed promising but the water was still and inactive. Then as things grew quiet the float stopped in the current moved alittle before it wwas noticed it was over. From the depths rises a carp sized musky. To the amazement of the unlookers seems rather disinterested in the plethora of oversized and multicoloured bodybaits of assorted styles and swims out into open water, to live another day in paradise. Only to leave this poor SAP stripped of bait which I found out about ten minutes later.

After switching from minnows to worms it was on like donkey Kong, fast and furious through the dozen worms but it was serious sunfish territory all were good enough to take home but not thinking dinner all were released, the dude who bushwacked out shortly before I left had a basket of what I could only imagine was destined for sustinence.

Day two with it being Monday I had to move quickly to obtain minnows, and success was mine in and out quicker than a virgin on prom night. Off to my favourite little hole only to ofind my inner sanctuary to be forfeited to a couple unlucky guys already set up, who to my amazement slept the night due to a lack of tools to change a flat, good thing they were there as it was warm and overcrowding was proving fatal to "the help" they provided an airator and the conversation started from there, so my new friends named "Shorty" and "dukes" were down from the big smoke to try their hands at the giant cats that I myself am yet to really catch. Them hunting for monsters turned the talk onto the available species in the water they were fishing and for some reason they asked about snakehead, and I was able to catch a bowfin within a few minutes followed by another one shortly after so they could see the difference. Both being small for bowfin only about a foot in length were realeased but not before Shorty could get really close to needing some river bank surgery, always nice when the hook doesn' t puncture beyond the barb. After catching a half dozen nice crappie all would have been decent slabs but again not thinking fish for dinner were released, actually that's a lie one was hooked deep and bleeding like a civ it went to my new friends who decided to fish the night away after a few of their friends came down.

While the sun light began to dwindle the catfish moved in and were they ever having a goodtime, even saw a yellow cat, no joke the thing was straight out of the simpsons, minus the third eye. I even tried switching to a catfish rig and was still catching crappie , so I cut like foreskin and was home by dark.

All in all there was

8 crappie

6 sunfish

3 rockbass

2 bowfin

Sorry there are not going to be any photos, and about the length I can really ramble sometimes, the scary part should be this is has been brought to you from my phone, possibly stealing your WiFi. Remember if you don't want people to get your internet use a better password the abc123.

Good night folks.

No wonder I couldn't get you on the phone !! :rolleyes: lol ......very well written pro-pike101 , it looks like you had a very fulfilling day on the water .....good show ! :Gonefishing:

Archived