My wife and I decided to go for a paddle and do some fishing in the kayaks today. The cats started hitting at noon, caught 6 in total (3 each). Great day!

Saw these guys as we pulled up:

XThBoaX.jpg

My wife caught the first 2 fish:

FR3KArd.jpg

6f7cZAG.jpg

4wkHCOl.jpg

My wife caught this one too, I had to hold it for her (hey....check out that decal!):

f65J5J2.jpg

My first bight:

RmdMVj4.jpg

yfA6D4g.jpg

sjOPM1F.jpg

And the catch of the day: (the wussy gloves help greatly with grip when wrangling bigger cats into the yak)

B1bHYZd.jpg

j0po4DE.jpg

All in all a great day on the water.

Good day on the harbour , congrats ! There are plenty of big cats in there .....looks like they were taking worms . (going out in 5 min. to grab a few) . There are a pair of geese at Rennie park that also have 10 goslings ....big families these days lol . I will try Jordan from shore I hope this Sunday & take some carp bait too . Thanks for the picture show and great post GMG ! :Gonefishing:

Lots of carp in there too. We didn't use worms today, tried a small tub of stink bait from Canadian tire in Welland....works great!

Fantastic pics of your fantastic day! Thanks for sharing that.

That cat is the last pic looks like it was big enough to take you and your yak on a 'Nantucket sleighride!' lol

The bigger guy pulled me all over the place...that's the best part of kayak fishing. I'm going to try for the carp next time I get out there....should be interesting!

The bigger guy pulled me all over the place...that's the best part of kayak fishing. I'm going to try for the carp next time I get out there....should be interesting!

The big cats pulled knightfisher & the smerch half way across the bay in his Sports Pal canoe . One could troll under "cat power" as the other was being led astray by the wondering cat ! lol

GMG .....you don't need to paddle far from the ramp to get into carp ! :)

Nice cats. Fun times for sure. Quite the thrill being pulled around by a big cat.

I was amazed the first time Smerch and I got into some big fish, and

how strong they were.

Have to get out there and do it again, fun times.

:Gonefishing: