First Decent Pike, Also New Here

Daniel8234

Hey my names Dan and I am now finally a member on here. I've been following his forum for a long time and finally signed up lol. Anyways during the last few weeks I havent landed anything of any decent size its been tuff but finally got a nicer northern today. after casting just about everything from spoons spinners and hardbaits all different colours at my favourtie shore fishing spot on the lower river I couldnt get them to take anything. was just about to leave when i decided to throw a silver and gold Williams wobbler on and boom first cast hooked this one.

nfKSUQL.jpg

That's a beauty pike Daniel , congratulations ! I'm an old pikeroo from way back in the "old days" when dial up was a telephone . We used spoons mostly for pike and it seemed they would hit any kind of spoon , like the red eye spoon . It looks like you have some experience holding those toothy fish ......some of them still manage to get even with me even after I promised to let them go ....... :lol: We will be looking forward to more of your posts Daniel .

Cheers , Smerch :Gonefishing:

Thanks guys!

That's a beauty pike Daniel , congratulations ! I'm an old pikeroo from way back in the "old days" when dial up was a telephone . We used spoons mostly for pike and it seemed they would hit any kind of spoon , like the red eye spoon . It looks like you have some experience holding those toothy fish ......some of them still manage to get even with me even after I promised to let them go ....... :lol: We will be looking forward to more of your posts Daniel .

Cheers , Smerch :Gonefishing:

ya I was lucky this guy stayed still for the picture lol. it did get ahold f.my ankle right before lol

Welcome Dan, and nice pike !! persistence pays off...well done.

Nice! Time for me to switch from cats to pike soon. Welcome to the forum!

Thanks Ive never fished for channels but lately been itching to but i live in Niagara n the lake and dont get the chance to often to get out to welland

You don't need to travel to Welland for big cats Daniel ......If you use the right baits , there are some big ones locally , like Jordan Harbour , Charles Daley Park , Green ribbon Trail , 12 Mile Creek , Martindale Pond and Port Dalhousie Harbour . This one took a minnow while perch fishing at Port Dalhousie .......

pretty face ......... :crazy: ......

big+head+catfish.jpg

Beauty pike, been meaning to try the lower for pike for quite a while, heard there are some weed beds down from the Queeston Launch if i remember correctly, would this be the best place to start?

Beauty pike, been meaning to try the lower for pike for quite a while, heard there are some weed beds down from the Queeston Launch if i remember correctly, would this be the best place to start?

yeah thanks and as far as can tell uhave go quite a bit farther to the left for the weed beds. where I was theres a lot f rocks nd it goes down deep quickly. Only seen smaller ones following. That's the biggest ve seen in the picture after fishing there everyday for two weeks. im gonna go father down the river today. Bites have turned off n the last two nights

Archived