Kid Friendly Fishing Spots

GolfAlphaPapa

Good morning,

Just lookin' for ideas to take my 2 boys fishing in the Niagara Region. Haven't fished the area too much as I grew up fishing St.Clair River/Lake Huron. I am not looking for GPS coordinates or anything. Just maybe a point in the right direction. My boys are 3 and 5 and I want them to enjoy a few nibbles here and there. Thanks

Tangled lines fish derby below sounds like a fun event for the kids and includes hot dogs and drinks with admission. Check it out below in this forum. BTW...welcome to NFN!!!

I haven't seen any post from anyone who has fished from the landfill quarry at the old St.Davids Rd. just east of Brock U. Is it still open to the public to fish there ? Charles Daley Park may be an option as well .....the west pond (16 mile creek) has carp , cats and pan fish .....nice spot to picnic as well ....about 100 meter walk from main parking lot .

Try the Welland River on Merrit Island. There are a couple of relaxing spots to fish there and plenty of fish will take a simple worm and hook presentation; and if the kiddies get bored there is a playground within site of the fishing spots so you can let them run while you continue to relax and fish!

Green ribbon trail is a good one ... slower current .. always some type of fish ... bass carp sunfish ... and wildlife to see ... birds turtles etc

Charles daily is a nice one also since its shallow and minimal current and trees for shade.

Archived