Whirlpool Niagara - Musky Hunting

Grinder45

Recently Moved back to the area, Have done some fishing down near the gorge for lakers before, still new to the seasons and what times the fish move up here.

Decided to try the Whirlpool today (first time), and first cast caught this beaut. Looks like a tiger musky but im unfamilar with those any info would be great!

Also what time do the salmon/lakers run? september I believe was when I was dinging lakers last fall but not 100% sure.

20140804_153105_1.jpg

Beautiful fish. Always something to be caught down there. LUCAS, hes fishing the niagara whirlpool. You dont want no boat down there. I advise you not to go alone...and play safe around there,lots of hazards if your unfamiliar. Also be safe with your footing cause you fall in in certain places and its bye bye...be safe stay out of water and its great fishing. Access is down the path and trail stairs just north of the parking lot across from the golf course on Niagara Parkway. Ask someone when your in the area....its a long walk down and even longer walk back up....great scenery and worth the hike. Like i said though....go with someone and dont play with danger...fishing off the big rocks with steep drop offs is not advised. Any shinny spoons or body baits you can catch musky with.

Nice catch Grinder45 it looks like a "barred" musky , spotted musky have spots on there gill plate and i don't see any on yours in that photo .Here is a Muskys Canada sign that shows the different variations in Canada .

ktd_sign_large_zpsb9969545.jpg

nice fish!

thanks

Nice fish! It is a pure musky not a hybrid.

thanks

Nice catch Grinder45 it looks like a "barred" musky , spotted musky have spots on there gill plate and i don't see any on yours in that photo .Here is a Muskys Canada sign that shows the different variations in Canada .

ktd_sign_large_zpsb9969545.jpg

cool appr that thanks

Wow nice catch. What did ya catch him on?

got it on a dark red blk speck tube id have to check on brand/ exact color code

Archived