Good Fishing Spots Off Land Niagara Region

Masterfisher420

I Live in Port Colborne I've tried many spots , like the canal , Break wall , Marina, Sugerloaf Harboure and none of these spots seem to be doing the trick , I was wondering if anyone knows of any good spots I could try out off land around the Niagara and how to get there it would be greatly appreciated, I'm mainly like to fish for Bass (Large and Small mouth) , Pike , Perch and Pickerel.

Thanks for talking your time to look at my post , Have a Great day :)

I Live in Port Colborne I've tried many spots , like the canal , Break wall , Marina, Sugerloaf Harboure and none of these spots seem to be doing the trick , I was wondering if anyone knows of any good spots I could try out off land around the Niagara and how to get there it would be greatly appreciated, I'm mainly like to fish for Bass (Large and Small mouth) , Pike , Perch and Pickerel.

Thanks for talking your time to look at my post , Have a Great day :)

Keep trying. Those spots have fish in them.

They have fish in em but I want some nice big fish and not to sit there for and hour or 2 to catch a catfish or a lil bass or whatever. Too much effort to go out everyday and catch the odd bass , i was hammering fish one after the other in the beginning of summer but everything changes ,

They have fish in em but I want some nice big fish and not to sit there for and hour or 2 to catch a catfish or a lil bass or whatever. Too much effort to go out everyday and catch the odd bass , i was hammering fish one after the other in the beginning of summer but everything changes ,

That's why it's called "fishing" and not "fished".

The spots may change throughout the season, fish move based on conditions - water temps, current change, wind, sun, seasons, forage! It isn't a "where's a good spot" problem, it's a "where is a good spot for this time of year and what should I target!" solution.

And, no offence, but that is a lame reason to ask for a spot. You are asking guys for spots, yet you don't seem to want to put in the time and effort that other anglers have. A huge part of being an accomplished and knowledgable angler is learning, recognizing and repeating the situation that caught you fish in the first place. Getting lucky is only a small part of fishing, the rest is learned.

The quarries at the end of Clarence st. Just ride your bike right in or park the car at the end. Walk to the trail on the right. There is a small quarry lots of sunfish and some big large mouth bass. Silver and black babyos or blue and orange lures. Sometimes I just go to old faithful worms. There is two other quarries around the back of the train tracks. The one spot is hard to find but it always makes for a good day of bass fishing. My son got a huge largy over 6 pounds. If you want me to show you some of the spots you let me know. I live four blocks away from the quarries. I fish more there then on the lake.

Good luck

Jeff

If it is too much of an effort maybe you should find a new hobby. Just be happy that you are catching fish. The big ones will come.

One thing you could do is to go down to your local bait & tackle and while purchasing items, talk to the clerk. They are usually a fountain of knowledge of spots and techniques and other fishermen usually love to go in and brag about catches to them. They are like a fishermans bartender.

One thing you could do is to go down to your local bait & tackle and while purchasing items, talk to the clerk. They are usually a fountain of knowledge of spots and techniques and other fishermen usually love to go in and brag about catches to them. They are like a fishermans bartender.

The beach at the end of quarry Rd has a sand bar/rock ledge that goes out a bit. If you wade out up to your waist and cast off the east edge of it, it is quite deep. Good for bass. Just watch your step. Also, the east side of Morgan's point. Wade out and try casting early morning or evening. Lots of work, but there are bass in there

That's why it's called "fishing" and not "fished".

The spots may change throughout the season, fish move based on conditions - water temps, current change, wind, sun, seasons, forage! It isn't a "where's a good spot" problem, it's a "where is a good spot for this time of year and what should I target!" solution.

And, no offence, but that is a lame reason to ask for a spot. You are asking guys for spots, yet you don't seem to want to put in the time and effort that other anglers have. A huge part of being an accomplished and knowledgable angler is learning, recognizing and repeating the situation that caught you fish in the first place. Getting lucky is only a small part of fishing, the rest is learned.

If it is too much of an effort maybe you should find a new hobby. Just be happy that you are catching fish. The big ones will come.

I'm sorry i don't have a car nor do i want to ride my bike for 30 minutes to got to spot that has no fish , i'm sorry i asked for help "no offence", these spots have been satisfying but i was just wondering if there where any secret spots with pike fatty bass or even musky around here im new to sport fishing i use to always just go out with my mom or something i'm still young and would like to know more on the areas , and I go out from 8 in the morning to like 10 at night sometimes and catch nothing , can't tell me to just keep fishing and ill catch something I might as well live there , I find most of the big walleye and perch are out in the lake where boats go so I was just wondering if there where and big ones on land

Thanks everyone for your feedback it has helped alot :)

Archived