Stupid Arrogant Poachers

Finsanity

There must be a section for fall sanctaurys as none of the bronte is in the list as well which is part of zone 20. The only sanctaurys are the April to May ones listed which makes things difficult when trying to explain the regs to a newbie

You need to look in zone 16 for inland creeks including Bronte, not zone 20 which is Lake Ontario. Even still, don't see anything there for 20 Mile Creek.

typically zone 20 follows the shoreline with some exceptions.

Port Dalhousie zone 20 extends to the falls / hydro area ... and then there are some areas that it extends to the QEW ...

FYI, cause assuming won't do any good with the MNR

What regs have you guys been reading? Says 20 mile creek closed as of september 30 from QEW upstream. So doesn't mean you can't fish for sunfish but I wouldn't be caught dead with a rod there after sept 30, I think a CO would peg you off very quickly.

So to clarify, general zone 16 salmon and trout is closed after september 30 EXCEPT the rivers in the extended season section. But the 20 has no extended season therefore it is closed from sept 30 until the fourth saturday in april.

The point I was trying to get across there is adifference between the season closed for salmon and trout and the waters declared a sanctuary. If the waters upstream from the Bailey Bridge were a sanctuary in the regs, then that would close down 30 or so miles of creek that don't have a snowballs chance in hell of seeing any migrant salmon or trout from fishing until the end of April.

On a larger scale what if they made Twelve Mile from the mouth upstream a sanctuary come end of Sept, That would close Martindale Pond down to any fishing whatsever until the end of April, the diff between the season being closed and a true sanctuary is a big one.

There was a bird sanctuary along the bank of Jordan Harbour , just south of the trestle . They stopped hunting there years ago . I'm not aware of any fishing sanctuary anywhere on the 20 , only closed seasons for trout , bass & pike.

There was a bird sanctuary along the bank of Jordan Harbour , just south of the trestle . They stopped hunting there years ago . I'm not aware of any fishing sanctuary anywhere on the 20 , only closed seasons for trout , bass & pike.

I'm not aware either, but there usually is some discussion regarding a sanctuary at this spot or not. Once the MNR emails me back then we can put the debate to rest.

Hi Jacob,
There is often confusion about 20 mile creek as it is not a sanctuary but a closed season for salmon and trout beginning October 1 to the 4th Saturday in April. This applies to the waters South of the QEW. You may angle for other species that are in season during that period but as you may know certain portions of the creek will contain large quantities of trout/salmon. We have had successful convictions in 20 mile creek for people "angling for fish during close time" as only trout/salmon are present in certain portions. Location on the creek,time of year, other species present?, equipment used etc.. Will all be factors that will play a role in establishing if someone is angling for salmon or trout during the closed season.

I hope this helps; for further clarification or information feel free to contact me at my desk number 905-562-1698.

Ben Leger,
Conservation Officer C650
MNRF
Vineland,ON

So there we have it... NOT a sanctuary. Just closed season for salmon and trout

Thanks for taking the time to get that info from the MNR . The water is down very low so I believe the MNR will not need to check as often as other years .

Most poachers don't have licenses so they are ignorant to the laws. They will poach no matter what

Gotta disagree there. Many poachers are steel headers posing as loogans looking for there chum eggs for the year. They don't care if they lose the ugly stick there using when the float gears at home. It's easy to play dumb. That would be the reason for every fish on the bank having its belly slit.

Mnr just followed up with me they didn't catch the couple eventhough he said he arrived around 20 minutes after the call

However he did catch 4 people poaching. Boooooom stupid poachers

At the same spot I should add and halting police will be supporting him with keeping an eye on this spot. Didn't even know they would do that.

Halton'

We have a CO on board here as a member and I wont mention a name as promised .He logs in often to watch complaints and such. Love that we have members here that are law enforcement. Have 3 members that are police as well

We have a CO on board here as a member and I wont mention a name as promised .He logs in often to watch complaints and such. Love that we have members here that are law enforcement. Have 3 members that are police as well

I hope they have been watching Port Dalhousie near the hydro dam and 4 falls . Both Fri.and Sat . guys were fishing inside the restricted areas .

I caught a sizeable carp south of the qew at Jordan harbour off the shore. Someone tried to tell me I was in contravention. After doing research and reading that email things are clear. Other species are in the water so to my knowledge you can fish the suckers all year. As long as you don't have additional tackle for targeting the majority of the fish population which is trout and salmon. All with one rod off shore. That email really cleared things up. I think the MNR should have a designated profile for answering regulation related questions as most people come here for answers. Its the specific rules and regulations that are so confusing because the only way they can be properly answered are through email. Personally, I don't know if this makes me ignorant or just an a**hol* :D, but if I was approached, I would request paper proof of specifics because I cannot find them on the internet. Do I have to send 50 emails to be clear for 2014.

@smerchly, Port Dalhousie restricted areas.

I seen that so often. No cheating! Do everything properly and when you land a big sombich you can brag all day long.

@JMO1685,

Where does it say this?

There is often confusion about 20 mile creek as it is not a sanctuary but a closed season for salmon and trout beginning October 1st to the 4th Saturday in April.

I cant find that information anywhere...

Am I missing something, I have looked at the zone 16 regulations so many times now lol

States right on the page ....

Open season is 4th Saturday in April until September 31 for all trout and salmon. Meaning the time NOT stated they are closed. Doesn't mean you can't target any other species ... Just not Salmon and Trout

Archived