Simms G3 Waders Sizing?

JFish

Looking for advice from anybody who has bought the simms g3 waders in past couple years as I would assume their sizing of the neoprene bootie hasn't changed for at least that long. I'm actually looking to get new waders and boots as my current ones have finally wore out. Currenlty have Korkers (about 3 years old) material is worn down and falling apart. Waders I have are Cloudveils which have been great however, the neoprene bootie has rubbed down on the back of the heels and leaking in water. I dealt with it last season with numerious attempts at fixing it but to no avail so new waders it is.

Regarding the new simms g3 waders, my shoe size is usually a 11-11.5 and I tried on a size M which come in bootie size 9-11. I found the waders fit fine but seemed like my toes were pushing ever so slightly on the neoprene bootie stretching it just a tad. They were comfortable but to me this seems like it would wear a lot quicker at this area so wanted to try a size L with 12-13 bootie but of course didn't have them in.

Just wondering if anybody may have noticed the same thing and what size they ended up going with? Any issues??

As for the boots I'm going to try the new Simms Guide boots. Really comfortable when I tried them on. Figure I'll try something other than Korkers and compare.

Guide boots are awesome lots of support, some say they are a tad heavy but I love them, as for boots you can order customs sized boot foots from simms if you find the waders fit well but the booties are off

The new guide boots seem to be pretty much right inline with the new Korkers I was looking at in terms of weight so figured I would try the new Simms this year. I want the support and I'm not sure but I think they may be a bit lighter this year. Didn't seem to bad when I tried them on. I guess heavier boot is a trade of for having that support???

As for the waders, I'm going to try to find the Large with 12-13 feet and see how they fit. I just wasn't sure if they were supposed to fit real snug or a bit loose.

Not trying to sway you in any way...but take the time to have a look at the patagonia waders. My wife has simms headwaters and the booties are already seperating....no leaks but wont be long. Patagonia has a way better warranty as well....no questions asked. My brother had a 9yr old pair fail....they sent him a $350 gift card. The simms guide boots are awesome boots. I have the 2013 model but the new ones are way better and lighter. Just some thoughts for you....the Patagonias are money in the bank a better wader. I fish ice water and they keep me dry and warm.

I have had great success with Simms and will wear nothing else. I am 6' tall, weigh 190 lbs, and have size 10 1/2 feet. I wear size 11 EEEE shoes. I order size M/L King waders, with size 12/13 neoprene feet. They are special order. I also order the G4Z suspenders. All add to the price but I have three pair of waders being used in rotation. The oldest are 8 years old. The newest are going into the second season. Simms look after their customers. There is a reason they are number one.

The new guide boots fit a little larger than the previous model, but that's good. Especially in cold weather. You need some circulation to keep the feet warm. Don't forget to order studs and cleats. You never slip on rocks, ice or shale.

Archived