Maid Of The Mist Photo Reply

nikonman

If you would have mentioned that it would not have been a problem. But there was just a picture with no explanation. When other people see this or like the episodes of Italo fishing the maid of the mist, the first thing that comes to mind is they attempt to fish private property and point to i saw a guy fishing it on NFN website...or i saw italo fishing it on tv. This might not seem like the case but believe me when i say monkey see monkey do.

Was my favorite fishing spot, its sad really that's why you don't put places like that on T.V.....

Gone for good but whatever lots of other places to fish around here for NOW !!!!!!!!

We were able to drive right down there years ago. Charlie Blair lived in the house down there. The "hairpin" turn on the road down was a challenge at times.........Boog

Our biggest enemy on losing good fishing spots is the garbage left by anglers . I can't blame the "authorities" for closing spots because it costs them money to clean up the crap . I can relate to dozens of spots I fished locally over the years that are now closed . I fished the Maid many years ago , and it was a blast ! This site asks that we not post oos or protected fish to help keep the loogans from taking advantage ......not a huge request by any means.

People need to relax a bit.

Hahaha...no time to relax, do that all summer...time to get off the couch. Get some excercise and maybe a few fish.

I walked down there often when I was a kid. Never did fish there but I explored. The view, the smell, it was great down there. Who owns the land? Maybe we can petition to have it opened up. I am quite certain that the Niagara Glen and the Whirlpool would have the same "garbage" issue yet they have not been closed down. Its not just fisher-people who leave garbage but it does appall me when they do. Maybe it can be opened seasonally if not all year round. Maybe we could get some help from Italo or WFN to jump "in the boat" too. Those that have been down there know how beautiful it is.

BTW, my cousin Jerry, rest his soul, used to wade out and fish the upper river between the barge and the brink across from the greenhouse in the morning before the water came up. Also we used to be able to walk out on an "island" between the two power houses opposite Duffern Islands. Why do they close down these good spots? How many fishermen died in accidents vs how many suicides over the falls and they have not closed down the falls yet!

Why do they close down these good spots? How many fishermen died in accidents vs how many suicides over the falls and they have not closed down the falls yet!

Why? Because some ding-dong who doesn't know the water will see an experienced person do it any try to copy them. Water comes up, they go downstream. Or (in my opinion) worse, they don't and now a number of rescue personnel have to risk their lives trying to save someone who knowingly put themselves in a very dangerous position.

Archived