Grand River In Dunnville

eskimo

Ya I was below the dam on sat and yes their were walleye caught the biggest I seen was about 5 lbs. a few smaller ones caught as well, we got a big rainbow and that was it one bite one fish lol but it was worth the trip

I spent sometime there did not catch anything, the guys all around me with thier fancy technology with hd cameras and flashers did not see a thing. Not to mention current, its a dam where water levels are up and down. About as safe as hopscotch on the q.e.w.

About 6" of good ice all around, if your scared of the current, walk farther down the river, calms right down out by Riverside Marina. Caught a 3.5lb and 4.5lb out there last week, hit and miss tho, and gota be willing to move around and switch up bait.

About 6" of good ice all around, if your scared of the current, walk farther down the river, calms right down out by Riverside Marina. Caught a 3.5lb and 4.5lb out there last week, hit and miss tho, and gota be willing to move around and switch up bait.

Where should I park near Riverside? I always parked at the parking right on top of the dam.

Thanks!

Haven't fished there in 2yrs...but found if you catch 1 or 2 "eyes" in an outing...its a great day!..ones I've caught there have always been respectable for table fare (17-22") or 1.5 to 3lbs...found the best baits to be jigging spoons (with a rattle)..such as a buckshot tipped with a minnow..(rattle is the key..as the water is typically stained)..pretty good current there so you need to go on the heavier side to keep the bait as vertical as possible...

• 3 weeks later...

Was out twice and only caught 1 rainbow...last week.

Correct me if I'm wrong but you shouldn't be targeting rainbows this time of year on the grand this is called poaching and or fishing out of season.

Wow, are you the internet mnr? the guy never said he was targeting them. not everyone can tell what kind of fish is on the line and b wow this finsanity guy likes to cut people up and pretend like he's boss man around here i had a problem with him to but mods deleted my post about him being rude i guess if you're friends with mods you can belittle members and run a mean internet cop game hahahahaha

you could have easily said hey remember rainbows are closed there this time of year make sure to cnr if u happen to hook one! But rhen as soon as cliff chimes in u bow down and obey ahahahahahahaha like a dog

Comparing the Grand R. at Dunnville to the harbour at P.Dalhousie , I looked at the regs , and found that L.Erie is the boundary line for the fishing regs separating zone 16 and 19 .

for bows.....exceptions....

Grand River - from the water’s edge of Lake Erie upstream to the dam in the Town of Caledonia - Haldimand County.

Zone 20 at Port Dal. for bows , allows angling for them up to Lake Port Rd....( not near the dam) which is the boundary line for zone 16 & 20 .

We had discussions a few years back about an "invisible" boundary line at Port Dal. for zone 20 & 16 where the "beach line" on either side of the lake was the boundary for zones 20 & 16 . The QEW is the boundary line for angling west of Port Dal.

Must read those regs carefully ........ :read:

Comparing the Grand R. at Dunnville to the harbour at P.Dalhousie , I looked at the regs , and found that L.Erie is the boundary line for the fishing regs separating zone 16 and 19 .

for bows.....exceptions....

Zone 20 at Port Dal. for bows , allows angling for them up to Lake Port Rd....( not near the dam) which is the boundary line for zone 16 & 20 .

We had discussions a few years back about an "invisible" boundary line at Port Dal. for zone 20 & 16 where the "beach line" on either side of the lake was the boundary for zones 20 & 16 . The QEW is the boundary line for angling west of Port Dal.

Must read those regs carefully ........ :read:

What page is that off of Smerch? Grand has an extended season from Paris to the mouth, but after December 31st it's closed until the 4th Saturday in April. Page 79.

I think its one of those made up pages fishermen always seem to refer to. Rules and regs are "interpreted" by whoever is reading them seems like lol

Dude, I don't know what your problem is, but adjust your attitude. You've rubbed more people the wrong way with your grand total of 17 posts than I thought possible. I would recommend changing or you will quickly find yourself even more unwelcome here.

I questioned Smerch on this so that loogans such as yourself don't use the excuse 'I read that it was in the regs on an online forum' to break some regs. I think that Smerch is smart enough to see that, your comments are unnecessary and unwanted.

Why dont we just delete the thread as its been stolen by a few jackasses for their own righteous fights.

Considering the fact that all this talk in the open forum as somewhere as equally dangerous and delicate as the grand river should have probably been instantly hushed to keep this from getting out of control, or getting some person killed because they didnt know what they were getting themselves into.

What page is that off of Smerch? Grand has an extended season from Paris to the mouth, but after December 31st it's closed until the 4th Saturday in April. Page 79.

I was looking at this page ....2nd from bottom , which refers to walleye . I was trying to establish where the actual boundary line is for both Port Dalhousie and the Grand at Dunnville . I thought all game fish would come under the same rules when it came to boundary lines . I have only fished for walleye & cats there.....

this is for zone 16 .....

SAM_5590.JPG

....there must be a better way to show these pages . I couldn't copy & paste the link or paragraph , so I took a photo of the page with my camera , cropped it , then uploaded it to the URL as I do with reg. pictures...... :)

Archived