Ticks

Those freekin things are everywhere ! ......another invading thing to watch out for .....If it isn't a bug , it's a plant like hogweed , or zebra mussels , or water fleas , or gobies , something we never had to contend with as youngsters ......

I took my kids fishing at EC Brown in Wainfleet 2 weeks ago and as careful as we were - knowing the ticks were bad - we still found 3 on us. It's crazy. I won't take my dog down there right now.

Haven't seen black legged ticks yet.

I just cleared 1 acre of bush by hand with shorts on . It took about 30 hours total and never seen or had a tick on me.

Only seen 1 on me in my life and i fish streams alot up north.

Lucky i guess

I just cleared 1 acre of bush by hand with shorts on . It took about 30 hours total and never seen or had a tick on me.

Only seen 1 on me in my life and i fish streams alot up north.

Lucky i guess

I heard you eat lots of garlic everyday ........ :)

I lived up north for years and never ever seen a tick up there either. I still go up for extended camping/fishing trips in the bush, and no ticks.

The first time I'd ever seen a tick on me was down here, and only around welland/wainfleet so far. Most recently, I pulled one off the back of my neck during the fireworks. I've never seen a black legged tick though.

Maybe garlic is the trick lol.

One of the places i fish at not for a few weeks now but every time i wen't there i would get one on me then out at my dad's just walking on his lawn they

are bad for sure this year that's one of the reasons i quit turkey hunting early this year

I usually find a couple walking on me every week at the farm. Not too bad right now. A large part of the back field has already been mown short, making life a lot easier.

I never seen or had a tick on me up until my brother bought his house last year, right off woodlawn in welland his shrubs were full of em. he cut those things out real fast, neighbours werent happy.

Had a couple on me at decew this past weekend, I aint venturing out into any un cut grassy areas anymore. not worth the risk

They will soon slow up it's this time of year that they are bad i'm starting to notice them slowly

going away but there still out there .long grass is a bad place to find them wooded areas along creeks

that's were i got most on me just glad i seen them before they started to feed them dam things give me

the creeps lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Smerch, the garlic trick works! When I was in the military we would be in the field slathered in DEET and getting eaten alive by bugs all the same. We had a warrant officer who never seemed to be bothered at all. One day I asked him his secret and he told me it was because he ate a garlic-rich diet (half a bulb a day he said). Since then I've been doing the same and rarely get bitten by anything. Not even vampires, LOL.

I knew a few guys who ate lots of garlic .....wondered why they were always fishing solo and had no lady friends ... :dunno:

You can smell garlic in the palms of their hands ! :skunk:

Standard today ....Falls vet .....

http://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/2015/06/21/niagara-pets-check-yourself-and-pets-for-ticks

Archived