Six Mile Lake?

BrendanMitchell

Been a few years but i remember the shore lines chocked full of weeds. Bring your boat.. Used to be walleye there..bass n pike you'll get. Bring graph and fish drop offs. Used to get a ton of small pike.

was up there few years back for labour day, sitting on a dock with appropriate liquid refreshments and a couple lanterns.

"where did those logs come from?"

"those aren't logs, they are giant gar pike"

they just sat about ten feet off and watched us, for hours. it was dark and just eery.

was up there few years back for labour day, sitting on a dock with appropriate liquid refreshments and a couple lanterns.

"where did those logs come from?"

"those aren't logs, they are giant gar pike"

they just sat about ten feet off and watched us, for hours. it was dark and just eery.

. Love them in the dark. Pull out the fly rod add a piece of yellow nylon rope with a fly rod and have some fun....

Did a lot of my growing up there. Lot of water to cover. Provincial park is in a very shallow and weedy bay. Difficult to fish on weekends with the crazy racing that goes on. Lots of submerged stumps, snags and logpiles. No shortage of bass and pike. you rarely hit walleye in daytime.

You might manage to cover 25% of the productive water in one week. Hit every ledge and drop off.

Not true.....

eyes do hit in the day but stay away from bright colors as those pike will grab that before anything else.

Natural presentations I find work best on that lake for eyes. ie. Hook and minnow weight 2 ft from hook.......

Black jig head.....good luck

I agree with the weekend part. If your fishing a weekend good luck.....

i fished it last year, when you first come out of the bay there is a large rock that comes out of the water so be careful, also navigating in that lake was a pain in my ars but make sure you have navionics, or gps on the boat everything looks the same. if you go straight from the bay you will find yourself in another bay that leads to a narrow water way. it is a giant bowl and had weeds all around. and is deep in the middle id say from what i can remember about 20 ft ish. i trolled erie deries for walleye and seemed to have best luck in the late morning around 9am to about 11 am. then again from 8pm to just past dark, every other fish cought was a pike and i managed a rather large one but i had no lead so i lost it and my gear. if you look on google maps you will see a opening to a river i found it by accident and drove the boat right into the current and drifted it back as far as it would push me and i managed bass i couldnt count and a couple walleye. its goes shallow close in and drops off to about 18fow, good luck

Archived