Point Abino Marina Closed For All Fishing!

bigdog

Just wanted to put a huge thanks out to the maroon who cast at a boat entering the Point Abino marina, wrapped the line around the CB antenna, hooked a passenger and made a huge mess of things. I'm pretty sure they were a novice angler at best and it was an errant cast, but why in the name of all that is holy would you cast as a boat is entering the marina, across the channel. How many times were you dropped on your head! Thanks for getting the fishing closed down permanently. I fished there for the 30+ years and you really burned my honey hole. We are our own worst enemies. Talk about a lack of respect to private property...leaving garbage, fishing in No Fishing Zones and now not giving boaters the right of way. I would ban us too.

...and so, another piece of sacred ground has been salted. I don't care who you are or what your angling ability is, common courtesy and respect go a lot further than playing dumb and hoping for the best. Protect your honey holes like never before...if they see you catching, you know they coming back. If you see someone roll up on your good spot, play dumb, pack it up and bust out, don't give up anything!

FRIGGIN IDIOTS!

That kind of stuff gets my blood boiling ! Anglers have been getting some pretty negative comments lately in the media ....mostly garbage related . Too many shore guys like to "party it up" while fishing , bringing booze , doing drugs and leaving a mess . They can carry in 50 lbs.of food & drink , but can't be bothered to carry out 5 lbs.of empty containers etc etc . Over the years I have seen dozens of my old fishing holes shut down and because of these slobs , we will see more spots disappear .

Big Dog.....if you know the marina owner he may be willing to let well respected anglers fish there with a special card etc. I have talked to the owner of a marina at Port Dal. and offered to "keep an eye on the place" and pick up any garbage I see . ...this during the off season when the boats are pulled out .

I tell ya i don't know what it is but people are getting more stupid every day is it something in the food or in the air??? Things like this

would happen once in a wile but now days it's all the time if it's not something with fishing it's garbage if it's not that it's boating or just

some one in there car this stuff just don't seem to be getting any better but just gets worse these people won't stop until there is nothing left but they will just

find something else to screw up on the normal person

I had my favourite local spot at a marina closed off completely a couple years ago, sign said no fishing.....I was furious because if I had a pair of binoculars for bird watching or just tanning by the water it was apparently okay judging by the sign, but if I had a fishing rod and was not even fishing in the marina itself but opposite lakeside, I was the problem...I used to take a little garbage back with me every time because I was sick of seeing trash in my local fishing hole, but in one instance I was approached my marina representatives that I was a trespassing and was not allowed to be where I was.....after making a huge stink about how other ppl other then anglers can leave garbage, and explaining how I try to clean it rather then leave it, they decided to put up a no trespassing sign instead closing it for everyone...I'm still pissed to this day that my best local fishing hole is closed off despite my efforts to keep it clean, but it's the rep we get because we're the easiest and biggest targets...garbage near a river or lake? It must be fishermen....

Sooo tired of it, soon all marinas will ban fishing, and it's too bad because it's an easy place to bring kids to teach how to fish

This sucks!! What will this world look like when our kids are 30 its sad that my daughter will not have the same opportunities as I did :angry2:

I'm sure the boaters are probably happy. No more people blocking the docks fishing or casting their lines near the boats.

They have every right to be happy. They are paying for a service and don't need slobs, thieves and careless people hanging around their boats.

The threat of lawsuits and insurance claims are the reason for the loss of this and many others spots, now and in the future.

No surprise, I'm sure to most of us.

Laywers and liability.

Tragic.

Well we have turned into a culture where there is no ownership to problems, everything is everyone else fault. Places get fenced off because people believe if you take the sign down and go WHAT SIGN, you are not at fault, so it becomes just easier to fence off.

I work with people who love this, talking with one worker who hurt themselves, the solution was they should not be expected to work a specific workload, but instead allowed to work what makes them comfortable (in this instance half the workload that the average person does), regardless of the violations they had performing the job task, of which they admitted to.

There is no ownership, nor is there accountability and it will only get worse as people choose to think less and less.

Guest brookie slayer

I heard they put up the signs around this time of year every year. Spring before the boat traffic

is still good is what I ve been told.

I dont think its uncommon at lots of marinas. Like mentioned, people pay to keep thier boats there and fishing line and crap wrapped around a prop does serious damage to peoples property. Im sure the marina has had more than enough complaints from boat owners concerned with that.

The marina is busy this time of year and its natural that they don't want people in the there being careless. Winter/spring before club members are there is usually OK.

In my experience (not with this specific marina), once signs go up, they don't come down....

Archived