Opinion: One Sentence To Improve

cplummer

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In your stats show your age and gender so that you know who you are replying to.

My name is Lillian and I'm 27 years old ........

oops ,,,,I meant William and I'm 72 years old .....dam dyslexia ....... :wall:

You better hope people read the second line Smerch or your inbox is going to be full!

The purpose was to know if you are talking to someone your age or a 12 year old who doesn't know much, but that wouldn't make a difference for you Smerch.

I'd know you hit the wrong key smerch, just by the number of posts in your profile. :D

But would be nice to visit 12 again :D

I'd know you hit the wrong key smerch, just by the number of posts in your profile. :D

But would be nice to visit 12 again :D

Yes Fish Farmer , it would be nice to be 12 again . Back in those "olden" days I was catching blue pickerel in the 12 Mile Creek .

Captnn and I are close in age (I'm handsomer) and we are both Pisces (fish) , so we get along well ....right Capt ? B)

Now there's an idea for a new thread.......posting pictures from waaaaay back ! I have found a way to take digi shots of old prints . I use natural daylight near a window or glass door , or under a tree and set the print on a plain background and find an angle where your eye can't see any glare . Use that angle with the camera to get a good copy of it . It can then be cropped , etc. to suit . No flash , and no glare from sunlight is the key . We old codgers have seen dramatic changes in our fishery over the decades , some good changes and some ....not so good like losing so many good fishing and hunting spots .

These one liners are getting hammered Cliff ..... :read:

If there's one sub forum I'd like to see it is definitely a "shore fishing" forum, the waters around here are big and not everyone has the right vessel to fish them, it's a very different story involving tactics for any species we target around here from shore compared to a boat.

Just my input, I'm sure there are others who feel the same

Thats a great idea B-T. if the gas goes up like they say, we might be joining you.

Haven't you been banking all that extra cash you saved from the 89 cent gas ? Or have you been buying new trucks and boats and fishing gear ? :santa: It's not Christmas yet ......

Owning a boat can get very expensive ..... ramp fees , insurance , gas , and upkeep , etcetera ...

I have no idea how many shore fishers we have compared to boaters , maybe a 50/50 split ? Boaters of course have an advantage , using technology to find fish and cover vast territories , and in some cases ,use two rods and a "cheater line" . I don't think we need a specific thread for either ... it's already covered in the main page .

No need to reinvent any wheels here. Yes, some forums could be folded into eachother to streamline things a bit. But the steelhead forum should stay along with the post-count requirement. I have little doubt that there are a lot of member profiles that were created by folks who just wanted the goods without making any contributions: they are the lurkers who we don't want in the steelhead section.

• 1 year later...

Get away from the title "Niagara" people automatically presume it is just dedicated to the "Niagara" river. Start expanding to other "tribs" and bodies of water in Southern Ontario. I find the lack of data and info on other systems push me to seek other forums. It is a shame because there are some good people on here.

I also agree with too many sub forums . When things are slow you need to jump around to find a recent post.

I've been a member of several other sites  (most snowmobiling) and many "organic" conversations arise out of a thread about something totally different. It's how people get to know each other makes the threads entertaining ,jokes arise ect.

But on here it seems as soon as a topic morphs into something else someone has to comment about a high jacked topic. This is for talking and sharing ,friendship not brain surgery   .

Being more lenient on non-fishing posts.........We should be able to talk about anything that might be interesting............As long as the posts are done without swearing and a little bit of class, it shouldn't be a problem...........It's nice to talk about other things that aren't directly related to fishing..........Just one man's opinion.............................B)  

Archived