Cold Feet

smerchly

....no more... :smiley_campfire-1:

None of my snow boots keep my feet warm on the ice . Checked out C.T.yesterday & the best boots rated at -100C were Woods boots @ $160 pair + tax . I checked Kijiji last night & found a pair of Baffin boots ,rated for -100C and never worn . They list for $180 plus tax . I picked them up today for $90 .....no tax . (private sale) .

On the plus side , they are certainly going to keep me warm & they have ice gripper studs on the soles .

On the negative side , they have steel toes and are heavy . (industrial grade)

I thought Baffin boots were Canadian made .....NOT ! ...they are made in china like the rest of our products ....no point in even looking where our stuff is made these days ......

It may take me longer to pull my sled up the hills , but with the extra lead in my boots ,the wind won't blow me away ..... :D

004.JPG

Don't wanna spoil the boot parade her smerch but steel toes on ice don't seem like a good idea just incase you go for a swim. Knock on wood that doesn't happen just looking out

Good news.......the lady told me the boots have steel toes .....I just read the labels and it says "non metal safety toes" so, I guess I can walk on thin ice ? ahah ......

....here's a link I found with the same boots ...... the price must have come down since this add was posted , she said they paid $180 .

http://www.baffin.com/product-p/polamp03.htm

I can attest to these boots. I have a very similar pair. Those might be a few years newer. I actually go bare feet in them because they always suck the socks off lol. I've been on the ice all day a not a hint of getting cold. Coldest day was -27 before wind chill. All my buddies and 2 brothers have them and all love em! My 2 cents!

Don't wanna spoil the boot parade her smerch but steel toes on ice don't seem like a good idea just incase you go for a swim. Knock on wood that doesn't happen just looking out

The boots came with a 1" circular sample of the 3 layers of insulation . I soaked it in water overnight to test the buoyancy , and it is still floating in the water . These boots may actually keep the wearer from sinking .....If I forget to wear my "floater" jacket , just look for the bright yellow & black soles on top of the water ..... :)

Some boots at minor bros made from same material as crocs. Really light and water proof and really warm but pricy. Over 100 buck. Used them once snowmobile they were great. They are the camo ones. If someone checks out.

Yupp...Got the same boots at Minor Bros..pricey but well worth it..light as a feather and warm as hell!

The way the weather is you won't need them till next ice fishing season. :(

You got that right ....those boots may not see snow until next winter . I wore my slippers today , no socks ..............(almost) :)

Archived