Niagara Outdoor Show.. Sunday March 13Th. 8 Till 4

cplummer

Website is up! There's a great line-up, this year. Trout Unlimited Canada will be conducting a fly fishing demo where you can even try it yourself. Plus, the kids can try to tie a fly. The Casting Kids torch has been passed to the St.Catharines Bassmasters. Thanx to the Niagara Falls club for their support over the years. This year, the activity is stretched from 9am to 3 pm. There are 4 local guys who will be flogging some quality used gear. One of those guys has 4 stainless steel props for sale. That's just an example. This gear is not 'garage sale' grade but there are some deals to be had. However, Jerry from St.Catharines Game and Fish sells a lot of used equipment with money raised to be used for kids' projects. The Quantum Advantage 30 reel is on special for $25 (tax in)...7+1 bearings. In my opinion, you will not find a better reel for that price! Cliff, owner of NFN, will be at the show displaying his Saugeen Custom Rods. Top Notch Tackle is returning after a brief hiatus. Hand poured dropshot baits'n'weights will be available, as well as a wide variety of plastics. BigUgli always has a great selection of jigs and handmade tackle, the stuff you don't find in stores! John Dieroff will be selling musky bucktails at discounted prices. Kyle, from Johnston Lures is back again with quality hard baits that muskies can't resist. Salted tubes are on special for 30 cents each. A couple of vendors will have a great selection with lots of colours. Melanie Frost will be on site with 3 tables of gear for the right price. Mel and her husband Simon, won the inaugural Canadian Tire Lake Erie Open (2015). Got a question about bass fishin'?...ask Melanie! Richard Dykstra, a gunsmith from Wainfleet, will be on site with 24 linear feet of firearms. Scott Kostuk will have lamps and jewelry made from antlers. Embroidered camo caps for $5? and fillet knives for $3...someone stop the madness! There's something for everyone, this year...see ya there! Bill www.niagaraoutdoorshow.com

copiied from Bill's post.

For all you ATV enthusiasts, the Quad Niagara ATV Club will be at the show. You can check them out on facebook. I stopped in at the gun show in Merriton on Friday evening. I usually go and put out flyers because it's so close to the NOS date. I saw Scott and Sabine Kostuk there. They were selling some of their antler jewelry and whistles. They have turkey feather earrings, too. A guy, I know, bought a pair for his daughter while I was talking to them. There will be a lot of used rods and reels, this year. Quality equipment at reasonable prices. If you're looking to upgrade, here's your chance!

Unfortunately, Trophy Hill Taxidermy can't be at the show, this year. Dean, the owner, will be performing at Hugh's Room in Toronto at the Back Roads Country Talent Contest (this week). He's kinda busy. Best of luck, Dean! Good news is that Kathy Richardson (MNRF) will be on site with a pelt kit that is used as an educational tool to identify mammals. She'll be bringing some mounts, too...bear, bald eagle, beaver, grey fox and possibly a great horned owl.

I wanted to wait until closer to the show to let everyone know about some assorted equipment that will be there. One vendor has 3 used and 1 new (tested once) stainless steel props. He has some electric trolling motor props and a used console for a smaller aluminum boat. One vendor is unloading a bunch of flippin' jigs. He just has too many. Another vendor will have jerkbaits and crankbaits on sale! You can actually leave this show with money in your pocket...or not (lol)! Contemporary networking really helps to make these shows successful in such a competitive retail environment. Maybe, you can't come to the show but maybe a friend can. Maybe, mention it on your facebook page. Please, fire off an e-mail to a friend with the link www.niagaraoutdoorshow.com All the guys involved from this site...Cliff (Saugeen Custom Rods), Bigugli (custom baits), Jerry (SCGFA) and myself as well as all the vendors/exhibitors/volunteers that make this event happen...would certainly appreciate the help!...thanx, Bill

I will for sure spread the word to my family. They would for sure like to come spend some money. I'll also put it on Facebook for all my fishing friends to see ! :)

For those who have not been before, it's a decent "local" show. A number of good people make it a success. I have thoroughly enjoyed being a part of the show over the past 7-8 years.

For those who have not been before, it's a decent "local" show. A number of good people make it a success. I have thoroughly enjoyed being a part of the show over the past 7-8 years.

I will see you there Bruce :crazy:

I haven't been on the site for awhile.

Just logged on to look around... I am so glad I did or I would have missed this show.

My son and I are looking forward to it

Cam

Great show, my first time there with my 2 year old son. Picked up some great reels for pocket change, lol. I don't think I ever bough a reel that is 8 ball bearings for $25 lol.

Lots to see and buy this year . Got me a nice quality hoodie from Cliff , complete with a large NFN decal on it & another one for the truck . For the big fish , got a spool of 30# Power Pro for $12 , some flies & weights from Bigugli & a free fly in hunting CD to watch later . The SCGFA had a lots of great deals on rods, reels and tackle as well . They had all the bases covered with a vast variety of goodies for the anglers , hunters and naturalists . The lady selling the bird houses and carvings does amazing work ! Great show , again , enjoyed talking with y'all ..... B)

Archived