Canada goose

IMG_20160223_110034_zpsrzdtaz1v.jpg

Mallard

IMG_20160223_110238_zpsi0jzaodz.jpg

Golden eye

IMG_20160223_110223_zpsigi9vgg0.jpg

Wood duck pair

IMG_20160223_110104_zpsvqakrddo.jpg

Gunner .....you have a natural talent to make those birds look ........natural . Looking at the first picture, I see you have set the eyes perfectly that shows the merganser zeroing in on that perch . And I know how much finagling is needed to mount birds on driftwood to get it right . NICE job Gunner !

BTW .....I see bands on the birds ?

Gunner .....you have a natural talent to make those birds look ........natural . Looking at the first picture, I see you have set the eyes perfectly that shows the merganser zeroing in on that perch . And I know how much finagling is needed to mount birds on driftwood to get it right . NICE job Gunner !

BTW .....I see bands on the birds ?

Thanks smerchly it takes a lot of patience to do this and even that can wear thin fast but its the passion that keeps me going Yes those bands were on the birds when they were shot

These are all awesome gunner. I would be proud to hang any one of those on my wall. Great job with the Common Merganser chasing the perch it really adds to the piece as a whole and makes it pop.

Thanks thefrog that merganser is one of the mounts i step back and say i wish it was mine lol

Excellent mounts Gunner ! Well done ! Love those action poses .

I did a few small animals ......but not a good job , I am still a little squeamish doing animals . Has anyone asked to do up their family pet , like dog , cat , snake , lizard etc ? lol

An old neighbour called me an undertaker as he didn't know the word taxidermist . Another asked me how much to stuff (mount) his wife . I said , depends on how old and her measurements .....might to it free ...... :D

Excellent mounts Gunner ! Well done ! Love those action poses .

I did a few small animals ......but not a good job , I am still a little squeamish doing animals . Has anyone asked to do up their family pet , like dog , cat , snake , lizard etc ? lol

An old neighbour called me an undertaker as he didn't know the word taxidermist . Another asked me how much to stuff (mount) his wife . I said , depends on how old and her measurements .....might to it free ...... :D

OH ya i have had a few calls on pets not happening but i did do a parrot / rabbit but thats as far as it goes i never had any one ask me to mount there wife yet lol :slap:

I mounted a golden pheasant and a Chinese pheasant for a guy ....amazing colours on those birds . I did a few farm mallards which took a lot more time to scrape off 1/4" of fat from the skin ....used lots of sawdust to soak up that messy stuff , but the birds looked good in the end . My father learned to mount (anything & everything) from Chief Coochy from North Bay . He got into doing reptiles from frogs to snakes . I have a big lobster he did in my basement lol . In those days (1950's) they used plaster of Paris for some mounts and sawdust filled canvas socks for fish . In this area people took their game & fish to Ms. Lampman in Fenwick who was renowned for doing excellent work . She used balsa wood for fish and was also an artist . I could not match the great job she did ......

I had a bear rug done by Fin Fur & Feathers on Greenwood St. (1980) , off Bunting Rd. near the cemetery . ....did a decent job ....$300 back then ...

We will meet up some day and I have some glass eyes for birds for you Gunner .....I'll put them in my truck in case we bump into each other on the waterfront .

Cheers

I mounted a golden pheasant and a Chinese pheasant for a guy ....amazing colours on those birds . I did a few farm mallards which took a lot more time to scrape off 1/4" of fat from the skin ....used lots of sawdust to soak up that messy stuff , but the birds looked good in the end . My father learned to mount (anything & everything) from Chief Coochy from North Bay . He got into doing reptiles from frogs to snakes . I have a big lobster he did in my basement lol . In those days (1950's) they used plaster of Paris for some mounts and sawdust filled canvas socks for fish . In this area people took their game & fish to Ms. Lampman in Fenwick who was renowned for doing excellent work . She used balsa wood for fish and was also an artist . I could not match the great job she did ......

I had a bear rug done by Fin Fur & Feathers on Greenwood St. (1980) , off Bunting Rd. near the cemetery . ....did a decent job ....$300 back then ...

We will meet up some day and I have some glass eyes for birds for you Gunner .....I'll put them in my truck in case we bump into each other on the waterfront .

Cheers

We will have to get out for carp soon or just meet up for coffee some time just say the word and ill be there i can sure use the eyes ill pay you for them

We will have to get out for carp soon or just meet up for coffee some time just say the word and ill be there i can sure use the eyes ill pay you for them

Carp may start in April Gunner , we can meet at Tim's at Prudhomme's (Vineland) and I'll bring the "eyes" with me . It might cost you a small Tim's coffee though .... B)

Archived