Lure Making Factory

smerchly

Maybe I'm too young to remember , but does anyone know the name of a lure maker factory in fort Erie ?. It was mentioned in the paper in this article about a fire at a gold plating plant ...........

http://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/2016/03/20/fire-at-former-gold-plating-factory-in-fort-erie

Williams lures are still sold in stores today.

Maybe being made by a different company and using the name ?

A school chum of my Wife worked at Williams gold for quite some time. She brought me dozens of lures in various states of completion over the years. I still have a great number of them after giving dozens away. My favorites were called the "Nipigon Cockatouche", a double bladed lure with a bait keeper type of hook. Designed for the big Brookies in (where else) Lake Nipigon. :Gonefishing: ...............Daniel

A school chum of my Wife worked at Williams gold for quite some time. She brought me dozens of lures in various states of completion over the years. I still have a great number of them after giving dozens away. My favorites were called the "Nipigon Cockatouche", a double bladed lure with a bait keeper type of hook. Designed for the big Brookies in (where else) Lake Nipigon. :Gonefishing: ...............Daniel

I Googled Nipigon Cockatouche" to find a picture on it but it led to to the Cockatouche fly which may have been used to land the world record brookie . For the brook trout fishermen Nipigon was (is) a paradise for big brookies ......very interesting read with super nice photos .....and some interesting info on handling c& r trout .

Chris ....those William Wablers have been used for a variety of fish ....saw a guy catch a big bow at the pool on a gold-silver 3" Wabler .

http://members.shaw.ca/amuir/flyfishing.html

I have a few old Williams lures but there's no way of knowing where they were made .....

Sad to see these little factories close their doors . We used to buy rods directly at the Fenwick plant on Allen Ave , in the Falls .

Lucky Strike seems to be doing great since 1923 in Peterborough .....I believe their products are all Canadian made ....

Archived